Up

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
Here's hoping they're showing Alice at a nearby cinema - loads are boycotting the movie because the DVD's coming out about 3 months after the cinema release, which is earlier than usual.

I'm a Burton fan and an Alice hater, so we'll see what my reaction to this will be :) Trailer looks... weird, which might be a good thing.

Oh and UP was great. Squirrel!

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Willem said:
Here's hoping they're showing Alice at a nearby cinema - loads are boycotting the movie because the DVD's coming out about 3 months after the cinema release, which is earlier than usual.

I'm a Burton fan and an Alice hater, so we'll see what my reaction to this will be :) Trailer looks... weird, which might be a good thing.

Oh and UP was great. Squirrel!
Im a Burton fan and an Alice fanatic but i didn't think the film was much good.
Did you hear that Up won three Oscars :eek:

Jun 17, 2010
Up is by far the most emotional human drama of any Pixar movies thus far, very heavy, so much so if you're looking for pure fun with some jaw-dropping chase and/or thematic scenes and no downer moments, Up may not be for you. I saw it in a packed theatre of about a 65% adult, 35% adult split audience and it's the only time I can remember being in Any animated movie where there was sniffles and watery eyes, and that was within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
But the ending would have been a bit crap though, wouldn't it? The beginning showed why he was so grumpy, and made the actual ending all the better for it (it also introduced the baddie).

User Menu

Newsletter