Volume Control... AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I once telephoned a freephone number of a product that was being advertised on radio. I told the sales person that their adverts had annoyed me so much that there was no way I'd buy their product however cheap it was! :laugh:

I don't suppose it made them stop advertising it, but it made me feel good.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
WeeKelda said:
'DON'T SHOP FOR IT, ARGOS IT!' Whatever that means.
You send a bunch of warriors out ın a boat, protected by a goddess, to fight mythical creatures just to bring you your christmas shoppıng. Whıch is much better than going ınto shops to fight for it yourself.

superfurryandy

Lance-Corporal
Apr 29, 2009
Ena's Feld
Batty said:
Straw Walker said:
Many of the commercial channels now seem to pad out the adverts with 'in house' previews to increase the break length up to five minutes. :x
I once timed the adverts/breaks during a CSI programme, as I was becomming increasingly annoyed that the channel would show the opening 5 minutes of the programme, and then - before the opening credits had rolled - go to an ad break.
Considering that the programme is listed as being on the screen for an hour, I timed the programme as actually only lasting for 38 minutes. The resulting 22 minutes were promos and adverts.
I did complain as the maximum amount of advertising permitted in an hour is 14 minutes, but the 8 minutes 'over-run' was classed as 'promotion of forthcoming programmes'. Which to me is nothing more than another name for an advert!
C4/More4 do the same with West Wing - each ep is 40 minutes long yet they have an hour long slot.

Dotsie said:
WeeKelda said:
'DON'T SHOP FOR IT, ARGOS IT!' Whatever that means.
You send a bunch of warriors out ın a boat, protected by a goddess, to fight mythical creatures just to bring you your christmas shoppıng. Whıch is much better than going ınto shops to fight for it yourself.
Oh yeah, I love it. Jason and the Argonauts as holiday shoppers... Definitely much safer than heading out to the malls. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter