watching UK dvd in USA

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

ddstotler

Oct 11, 2010
Midwest, USA
Thank you all for the warm welcome~

I looked for a dvd player that converts PAL to USA format. Found some that seem reasonable (although I would pay almost anything).

My question is: What region is UK?

Thank you, dd

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
As someone who regularly travels to the US from the UK and brings lots of DVDs with me, I got the missus (in Tucson) a multi-region DVD player from Amazon (it's a Pioneer). We use it to play my Region 2 DVDs and her Region 1 DVDs. But it will play all sorts of formats and was very inexpensive. ;)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
ddstotler said:
Thank you all for the warm welcome~

I looked for a dvd player that converts PAL to USA format. Found some that seem reasonable (although I would pay almost anything).

My question is: What region is UK?

Thank you, dd
Region 2 if you have a Player all it needs is for you to open the tray usinging your remote control put in the numbers using your remote then close the tray switch off then back on again and you should be all regions.

Most cheaper players are all ready to play multi region though they may not state this.

Check out this site,http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/ then click enter you will have a choice UK or USA click which opens another page, make your selection from the menu on the Left.

All Forums
General
DVDs & Films
Hardware
PCs & Mobiles
Music
Gaming
Sports
Reality TV
Easter Eggs
Trading
Retailer Reviews
Bargain Buckets
Region Hacks

Multi-Region Hacks
Hack Help Forum

Hope this helps

Tonyblack said:
As someone who regularly travels to the US from the UK and brings lots of DVDs with me, I got the missus (in Tucson) a multi-region DVD player from Amazon (it's a Pioneer). We use it to play my Region 2 DVDs and her Region 1 DVDs. But it will play all sorts of formats and was very inexpensive. ;)
I got multi region DVD player to watch USA over here! Had the same player for 9 years and still going strong!

User Menu

Newsletter