wee free men, hat full of sky, wintersmith kids only?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
The new Tiffany book - I Shall Wear Midnight - is really good and has some very grown up themes in it.
I'll say. Teenage pregnancy, miscarriage, alcoholism, lynch mobs and domestic abuse, all in the second chapter.

I have to admit though, I didn't like the Tiffany Aching books as much as the other Discworld books, but I Shall Wear Midnight was actually one of the best Discworld books I have ever read.

Foul ole Ron

Lance-Constable
Jun 5, 2009
Just finished The Wee Free Men & enjoyed it immensely.

IMO it's quite hard to to distinguish it from a so called adult Pratchett discworld novel.

The protagonist is a 9 year old girl but some of the ideas behind the plot are not really kids stuff to me.

Tiffany Aching is probably the nearest Pratchett has ever come to a bona fide hero/heroine.

Will move on to Hat full of sky next

Jul 25, 2008
Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A.
Good to see you again, FO Ron. How I envy you (in a way). You've got three more Tiffany books to read for the first time. And I also think that Tiffany may be the most fully developed single character Pratchett has developed.

I do think, however, that like all other Pratchett novels, these--especially the last 2, require at least 2 or 3 readings. Have fun.

User Menu

Newsletter