What will he do next?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 29, 2010
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered before but I've been thinking about what Terry may parody next?

There has been the clacks parodying a basic internet, Thud arguably looking at fundamentalists (I know there is a lot of debate over this on the Thud discussion) amongst others.

If you could chose something to be introduced to the Discworld, what would it be and what context or series would it be in?

How about Agnes in Ankh-Morpork's Got Talent? Victor from Moving Pictures goes into Politics a la Arnie? Perhaps a Bond parody with one of the Cable Street Particulars? Let me know your thoughts..

Cheers chaps and chapettes!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, shawbizzle! :laugh:

It seems as if the next book may be called 'Snuff' - but we don't have much info on that. Maybe the tobacco industry? It's likely to be a City Watch book, or at least a Sam Vimes one.

There was talk a while ago of Ankh-Morpork getting an underground railway because of the events in Thud!, but that doesn't seem to have gotten anywhere. I guess we need to wait and see. ;)

poohcarrot said:
Beautiful Dirt said:
I always liked the idea of the Watch investigating a JFK style assassination, but the political back drop of Ankh Morpork wouldn't work for this scenario. A new city probably would.
That was Jingo! :laugh:
I agree there with Pooh. The assassination attempt at the beginning is very JFK-like...

Welcome to the site, by the way, shawbizzle! ;)

I knew someone would say that! The assassination attempt in Jingo does mirror the dual gunmen that was theorized in JFK but the book as a whole examines cultural differences and international politics.

I meant a story that mirrors the implications of such an event; conspiracy theories, conflicting forensic analysis, unreleased documents and unanswered questions. Things like that are interesting because they are a mystery.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
I'd like to see Vetinari replaced by the first Matrician, Paris Halan, (possibly an anagram there ;) ) who is a devout believer in Nescafe, the god of coffee. She believes the Disc was created 63 years ago, is against maturbation, used to be a witch, and is in favour of implanting human brains into mice.

Every home in A-M has an omnivision device (like TV but they can also see what you are doing), and the religious police arrest anyone they feel like, for whatever reason, and ship them off to work camps in Sto Lat

The new Matrician is completely barking, resulting in the destruction of the entire Disc by the end of chapter 3.

It's a very short book. :laugh:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
poohcarrot said:
......Every home in A-M has an omnivision device (like TV but they can also see what you are doing)......
You mean a bit like when you forget that your skype is still switched on and you treat your friends to live views of your nasal excavations then? ;) (That could be the least of your potentially embarrassing worries really; I remember borrowing a film on video from friends who had forgotten that they had already used it to record one of those home movies and, even worse, forgotten to erase it afterwards. :oops: )

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
poohcarrot said:
I'd like to see Vetinari replaced by the first Matrician, Paris Halan, (possibly an anagram there ;) ) who is a devout believer in Nescafe, the god of coffee. She believes the Disc was created 63 years ago, is against maturbation, used to be a witch, and is in favour of implanting human brains into mice.

Every home in A-M has an omnivision device (like TV but they can also see what you are doing), and the religious police arrest anyone they feel like, for whatever reason, and ship them off to work camps in Sto Lat

The new Matrician is completely barking, resulting in the destruction of the entire Disc by the end of chapter 3.

It's a very short book. :laugh:
SAme as the Episode from Dr.Who the one with being spied on through your TV set. ;)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Penfold said:
poohcarrot said:
......Every home in A-M has an omnivision device (like TV but they can also see what you are doing)......
You mean a bit like when you forget that your skype is still switched on and you treat your friends to live views of your nasal excavations then? ;) (That could be the least of your potentially embarrassing worries really; I remember borrowing a film on video from friends who had forgotten that they had already used it to record one of those home movies and, even worse, forgotten to erase it afterwards. :oops: )
But you still watched it anyway. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter