Who to play Vetinari next?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Sep 29, 2010
I'm sure this kind of things gets talked about but I've had an idea.
Stephen Fry - watch when he is being serious, the part he played in Bones etc.
Charles Dance was good but tried a little hard at times.

Velcome Trollslayer. For me Charles Dance is the best, but I vould like maybe Terence Stamp at a pinch, Stephen Fry is too 'bulky' as I see Ventinari as slim, even thin. You need somevone who is tall, aristocratic and can be both nice und nasty at the same time, IMPO. Jugula

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Jugula said:
Velcome Trollslayer. For me Charles Dance is the best, but I vould like maybe Terence Stamp at a pinch, Stephen Fry is too 'bulky' as I see Ventinari as slim, even thin. You need somevone who is tall, aristocratic and can be both nice und nasty at the same time, IMPO. Jugula
Well how about Hugh Laurie then. Combine Bertie Wooster with House :laugh:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
The Mad Collector said:
Jugula said:
I reckon Hugh Laurie would make an excellent Rincewind with Alan Rickman playing Vetinari. (or maybe the other war 'round ;) )

Penfold said:
The Mad Collector said:
Jugula said:
I reckon Hugh Laurie would make an excellent Rincewind with Alan Rickman playing Vetinari. (or maybe the other war 'round ;) )
Pass on Hugh Laurie, but yes to Alan Tickman as Vetinari, except I vould rather see him as total baddie - tho can't think of a suitable bad guy for Rickman to play. Oh, maybe that nut - damn can't think of the story!! :oops:

Penfold said:
The Mad Collector said:
Jugula said:
Great idea! :laugh: I'd love that! I like Allan Rickman, he really'd make a good Vetinari (although I still think that Charles Dance was perfect...)

Apr 29, 2009
London
Jugula said:
Penfold said:
The Mad Collector said:
Jugula said:
Pass on Hugh Laurie, but yes to Alan Tickman as Vetinari, except I vould rather see him as total baddie - tho can't think of a suitable bad guy for Rickman to play. Oh, maybe that nut - damn can't think of the story!! :oops:
You thinking about the one where Sam gets sent back in time?

User Menu

Newsletter