Worldcon in Aussie bid for 2028

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Sign up
#2
It was definitely exciting to hear that Brisbane won the bid for the 2028 Worldcon. I'm definitely considering going, given that I've never been to a Worldcon before.

Don't know too much about any of the guests - I mean, I've heard of Seanan Maguire but have only read one of her books, but many of my friends are big fans of both stuff she's published under her name as well as the pen name Mira Grant (e.g the Newsflesh series).

Still, a big scifi con would be a nice thing to go to.
 
Jul 27, 2008
20,482
3,650
Stirlingshire, Scotland
#3
It was definitely exciting to hear that Brisbane won the bid for the 2028 Worldcon. I'm definitely considering going, given that I've never been to a Worldcon before.

Don't know too much about any of the guests - I mean, I've heard of Seanan Maguire but have only read one of her books, but many of my friends are big fans of both stuff she's published under her name as well as the pen name Mira Grant (e.g the Newsflesh series).

Still, a big scifi con would be a nice thing to go to.
Worldcons are worth going to I've been to quite a lot of them, so many interesting panels the future bid parties are great eat drink and be merry, the dealers room where all the books and merchandise are is a highlight for me coming back with a suitcase full plus all the films that are showing SF, Fantasy, etc.
One of our Con going group is going, I don't think I would manage this one it would need me to spend a month there which would be quite expensive not to mention the travel insurance cost, that's why I have stopped going to the American ones overall £1,000 UK is too much to thow away but it would be silly to take the chance ust in case....
 

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter