Worst cover versions of all time.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Over the years there have been some rock classics absolutely murdered by other artists who presumably really do think their version is better than the original. Oh how wrong can they be. To find a perfect example of what I mean click HERE for the worst culprit of em all :twisted:

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
For doing THIS to one of my all time favourite songs forgiveness is not an option.

And your right Jan this thread should have carried a warning....Do you know how many of these are out there :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
But they are funny! :laugh: Did you mean to link to Stairway again for that last one Monty?

You might remember this Monty from the late 70's? Especially it you lived in CapitalFMs cachement? If I say Kenny Everett playing Eamonn Andrews covering a Jim Reeves 'standard' would you know what I'm talking about? :twisted:

HERE IT IS FOLKS!

Kenny actually had this on a compilation album for the 10 worst records ever made... I think it may have been No1 although there was an even worse one the name of which has been wiped from my memory thankfully ;)

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Jan Van Quirm said:
But they are funny! :laugh: Did you mean to link to Stairway again for that last one Monty?
The misery of old age :devil: .....Thanks Jan I've changed the link to the correct disaster track :cry:

MORTY ;) ;) ;)

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Jan Van Quirm said:
Kenny actually had this on a compilation album for the 10 worst records ever made... I think it may have been No1 although there was an even worse one the name of which has been wiped from my memory thankfully ;)
The song that was #1 on the Kenny Everett list was called "I want my baby back". I used to have the single and on the cover it said so.

It was a rip-off of "Leader of the Pack". As far as I can remember, here are some of the lyrics;

"We were driving home from the Beatles concert."

Then they have a crash with the leader of the pack and the pack.

"Over there was the leader. And over there was the pack. And over there was my baby. And over there was my baby. And way over there was my baby."

The guy can't live without his dead girlfriend, so in the last verse you can hear digging. Then a noise of spade hitting wood, a squeaky coffin lid opening and closing, then he sings from inside the coffin, "I've got my baby back" :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
:laugh: That was the one I was thinking of, although there was another called The Deal which was pretty naff too, but not half as funny (man has to decide whether his wife or child should die and prays that he'll be taken, which isn't funny at all really, but he did get his wish...) :p

I really miss Kenny Everett - these days they don't even repeat his TV show on UKGold and Dave :x I was in love with Sid Snot :p

Dandelion

Lance-Constable
Nov 19, 2009
Germany
Music never dies! It might get hurt and run away screaming because of abuse like THIS - but it won't die!

(P.S. - Due to copyright reasons I wasn't able to link a vid from Youtube with the actual artist performing that song.. but I guess, I found something fitting..)

(P.P.S. - actually I like that version nearly as much as the original... so in an way, it's absolutely wrong here.. but what the heck..)

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
There’s never a wall and a rifle when you really need one is there :laugh: I bet Keith Moon and John Entwistle are turning in their graves :cry:

I offerTHIS a serious contender for the coveted title of worst cover version ever.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
When the idea came into my head for this thread I had no idea of the animal I was releasing.

This version of a Kiki Dee / Elton John classic is truly awful and only those of you who have a strong constitution should consider clicking onTHIS link.

My God can they get any worse than this :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Well you said you were going to lighten up the mood Kladivo.....

PMSL

Just goes to prove that some cover versions when done with Tongue firmly in Cheek can be fun :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter