Things you laughed yourself sick over

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
In the WFM ALWAY MAKES ME CHUCKLE. :mrgreen:
‘Whut’s the plan, Rob?’ said one of them.
‘Okay lads, this is what we’ll do. As soon as we see somethin’, we’ll attack it. Right?’
This caused a cheer.
Ach, ‘tis a good plan,’ said Daft Wullie.

fids

Lance-Corporal
Apr 29, 2011
Hereford
=Tamar said:
The Dread Portal scene in Guards!Guards!
seconded :laugh:

When Magrat turns the door to the torture chamber into a tree (or something) in Wyrd Sisters and Nanny and Granny might even be slightly impressed.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
S@mwich said:
"I ain't been vampired. You've been Weatherwaxed."
Yes indeed! In fact the first time I noticed the vampire coming under Granny's influence. I think he says something like: "I can't be doing with that" - which is pure Granny. :laugh:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
high eight said:
I love the way Terry slips subtle references into his books - such as Al and Beti in Jingo.

And that is also a reference to 19390s sand dancers Wilson, Kepple and Betty:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No, High Eight, no! When Tony posted one of those videos in the Jingo discussion here I had nightmares for months.

high eight

Lance-Corporal
Dec 28, 2009
The Back of Beyond
raisindot said:
high eight said:
I love the way Terry slips subtle references into his books - such as Al and Beti in Jingo.

And that is also a reference to 19390s sand dancers Wilson, Kepple and Betty:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No, High Eight, no! When Tony posted one of those videos in the Jingo discussion here I had nightmares for months.
Do you know what is really scary? There are still sand dancers around today :eek:

Introducing the fabulous Fezheads :clap:

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
I am in the middle of Sourcerers at the moment, and a passage made me really laugh, The one where Rincewind is in the Drum and a Hooded figure approaches him and says " Psst" to which Rincewind replys Not very, but i'm working on it" Well i nearly wet myself, it really tickled me that one. :laugh: :laugh:

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
The Dread Portal scene in G!G!.

NO SUGAR PIGGY WIGGY FOR YOU, ALBERT.

Detritus & the Alchemist - 'Ere, you loony bastard, what you make of this ?' Cracks me up, every single time.

Nanny having a bath.

My possible favourite of all though is from Soul Music;

'I can blow anything,' said Glod.
'Really?' said Imp. 'That must make you very popular.'

There's lots of bits that I've laughed myself sick over though.

janet

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2009
North East England
The Ambiguous Puzuma :laugh: :laugh: .....never...and I repeat NEVER read the Discworld Companion in a hospital waiting room or anywhere where a fit of hysteria may be inappropriate. I did :eek: :laugh:
I think this creature crops up in Pyramids but please correct me if I'm wrong.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Dotsie was incorrect to correct Janet. It appears in both books. Its a footnote in Pyramids and one of the animals mentioned in a text Brutha has to memorise in Small Gods :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter