2017 NADWCon announced!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
It is possibly interesting to note that NADWCON2017 by RavenQuoth has absolutely nothing to do with nadwcon.org, Twitter account @nadwcon and Facebook page "North American Discworld Connection" - although given the similarities in acronyms, you can imagine how it may be confusing for some people.

I'm not sure, but I think they are two separate groups now.

North American Discworld Convention 2017 (Raven Quoth Inc) is being run by two people who've run the previous North American Discworld Conventions (as per their press release).

North American Discworld Connection (who control nadwcon.org and @nadwcon) organised the gathering at WorldCon 2015 in Spokane (Sasquan)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
phalarope said:
RavenQuoth announcement :dance: :dance: No location or dates finalized yet, but it would be super cool if it was in New Orleans (Genua or bust!).
I probably would'nt go if it was in New Orleans, any more than I would vote or go if they won the 2018 Worldcon bid against San Jose, I would not mind if it went back to Tempe in Phoenix I liked it there..... also hope it's not too near to 2017's Worlcon in Helsinki.

Who's Wee Dug said:
phalarope said:
RavenQuoth announcement :dance: :dance: No location or dates finalized yet, but it would be super cool if it was in New Orleans (Genua or bust!).
I probably would'nt go if it was in New Orleans, any more than I would vote or go if they won the 2018 Worldcon bid against San Jose, I would not mind if it went back to Tempe in Phoenix I liked it there..... also hope it's not too near to 2017's Worlcon in Helsinki.
That's probably not likely - because it appears the Australian Discworld Convention is clashing with Worldcon (4-6 August 2017) and the North American Discworld Convention have said they'll pick different dates to us (which will help as I'm sure we may be aiming for some of the same guests like Rob Wilkins and Stephen Briggs).

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Thanks for helping clarify Molokov! I didn't realize that nadwcon.org was a group only connected with the Sasquan gathering. Good to hear that there's coordination between your group and ravenquoth.com to avoid conflicting dates.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Molokov said:
"Coordination" is a few twitter/Facebook messages :) But considering ausdwcon has been announced, location, dates and all, and tickets have been on sale for a few weeks, I think we've staked our claim :)
:laugh: Well, "communication" then? I can't imagine they would want a conflict with all the desired guests committed to the con you're organizing.

User Menu

Newsletter