American Discworld books

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Hi, I'm back at last...

My American penpal has sent me three paperback Discworld books.....
The Fifth Elephant
Night Watch
Going Postal.

She found them in a thrift shop, (our charity shops here). She is a lovely lady. :laugh:
So I now have three more for my collection.

Is anyone else collecting American versions as well as the British copies?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Matt - you might want to try Amazon.Canada. They do the UK covers and the price is pretty good even with shipping. Just remember the price is in Canadian Dollars not US. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Going back to Tiffany's first point. I'm not collecting the American covers, but I do have a few anyhow. :laugh: I've even found one or two in British charity shops and rescued them.

I've also got an Advance Readers Copy of Thud! from America. :laugh:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I haven't seen any American TP versions here, Tony, in charity shops. Lucky you. I always look as well.
The pound sterling is almost the same as the Dollar now.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Tiffany said:
I haven't seen any American TP versions here, Tony, in charity shops. Lucky you. I always look as well.
It's $1.63 = £1 at the moment. Last year it was around $2 = £1 those were great days! ;)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Tonyblack said:
Tiffany said:
It's $1.63 = £1 at the moment. Last year it was around $2 = £1 those were great days! ;)
It certainly was I even came back from the WorldCon in Denver with some dollars.
:laugh: now I can spend them in Tempe.

nattheweirdo

Lance-Corporal
Aug 30, 2009
Devon, UK
I had two american paperbacks the light fantastic and the colour of magic, bt i gave them to my friend ( TP obsessed like me :laugh:) and got the English versions. awesome for the charity shop bit though :laugh:. i have 23 of his books and all from carboots or charity shops :laugh: except the last hero (making 24...) which i got seriosuly reduced from a craft sop...dont ask me why it was there I really don't know o.0 it was £1 for the hardback copy!!:O:O must say my friend was not pleased who payed £9.99 for the paperback copy :laugh:

X Nattheweirdo

User Menu

Newsletter