And the next Discworld movie will be ...

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but, according to Terry and Rob on Twitter, the movie of Unseen Academicals is in the latter stages of development. :)

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
After Going Postal I'm not going to watch any more DW adaptations. They are just terrible. I tried to be positive but when my 14 year old said, 'What have they done?' when she watched GP I just couldn't keep up the charade any more. They are terrible and that's all there is to it. There, I've said it, and nevermind the booing and heckling.

I'll agree with you that Hogfather and TCOM left a lot to be desired[1], but I thought the Going Postal adaptation was very well done. Then again, I've done a fair bit of Discworld theatre (10 years ago) and seen many many of the plays, so I'm used to having subplots and characters dropped or modified, as it's necessary for any sort of adaptation to other media.

[1] I thought Hogfather & TCOM had brilliant sets and costumes and props that looked /just/ right, but the script, casting (not all characters, but quite a few) and direction was somewhat lacking. Thus I place the blame for my disappointment in those two purely on Vadim Jean (Writer/Director), whereas Going Postal was much better, with a different script writer & director.

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
WWD, yes, I agree, he did make a cracking Albert.

I have been in one of Sir T's plays (as I have bored some of you to tears with). It was Going Postal (cries of, yes yes,we already know!!!!) and there were many things different. Which, as a Pratchett Fan disappointed me.
As I watch Going Potal now I say the words along with Reacher Gilt! I miss some Characters from the book too. I just wish films could last long enough to include everything!
However, GP was the best of the three films,but the other two did have good bits that were worth watching. The Thieves guild I thought was well done in H and I did like Death - except in COM.

Ah well, at least we have the books. :mrgreen:

User Menu

Newsletter