Anime Corner

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Tonyblack said:
The book is by Dianna Wynn Jones. It's the same title as the film. I really enjoyed the movie. :laugh:
the book is a lot darker than the anime I've only read it once about 5ish years ago so I've forgotten most of the plot lines

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I didn't mention this earlier, at least on this thread, but I got my first bit of anime memorabilia a few weeks ago, getting a cheap mini-replica of Caliburn from Fate/Stay Night. It's a bit imperfect, but for the price I got it at, it's still good.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
the waiting time for Spirited away is ridiculous
brought season 5 of Natsume's book of friends yesterday for such a popular anime that has been running for almost 10 years
why is isn't available legitimately outside of Japan mystifies me
in other news I'm currently drafting my comic con shopping list

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Ghost said:
the waiting time for Spirited away is ridiculous
brought season 5 of Natsume's book of friends yesterday for such a popular anime that has been running for almost 10 years
why is isn't available legitimately outside of Japan mystifies me
in other news I'm currently drafting my comic con shopping list
I just looked at Wikipedia, and Natsume's Book of Friends been released in the US at least (as a sub rather than dub, it seems). Maybe not in the UK and Australia, but it's available in the US. The manga is also available in English, or at least it was.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
you'd love that film it's one of my favourites I hope you didn't pay too much for it
if you like that movie try the wind rises next

finished Full metal alchemist it took me about 6 months but I took a break halfway though and I loved it
very recommended now I'm looking for my next series to watch maybe kids on the slope

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Ghost said:
you'd love that film it's one of my favourites I hope you didn't pay too much for it
It was £3 in an auction. I watched Porco Rosso last night and really enjoyed it. The ending was . . . interesting. :laugh:

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Tonyblack said:
Ghost said:
It was £3 in an auction. I watched Porco Rosso last night and really enjoyed it. The ending was . . . interesting. :laugh:
three pound damn thats good
most of Ghibi's films have a strange cut off ending lol it's suppose to give the illusion that the film goes on even after the credits have ended
for the UK people did any of you follow the anime season on the scifi channel I have all of the films shown and was surprised to see most of the newer ones to be on the list
but as a huge negative point I found it to be badly advertised and very misleading to what type of genera the individual anime films were

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Started watching the forth season of Yami Shiba a series of very short less than 5 mins long
mostly unrelated horror stories and I find this season so far severely disappointing the slightly
off putting janky movement of the first seasons characters that I liked so much has
devolved into still images that zoom in when ever a hint of any scary moment occurs
ruining the surprise of the scare and odd disjointed live action scenes.

A new feature this season brings a near constant narration where
I feel like I'm being lead by the hand through the supposedly scary story
I don't like being spoon fed dialogue for each and every moment show don't tell,

The reason for most of the changes has been a severe budget cut due to the poor ratings of the last season
Yami Shiba should have ended at the third season instead of leaving what has been a mostly in my point of view
has been a relatively good scary horror anime with a piss poor ending.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I watched Ponyo last night. It's an absolutely charming Studio Ghibli reworking of the Little Mermaid story. I really enjoyed it and recommend it. I also have won a copy of My Neighbour Totoro from eBay for £4.20. It hasn't arrived yet. I've been after this one for a while, but it has been really expensive to buy new and has gone for more than I'm prepared to spend in auctions, so I was really pleased to get it for such a good price.

User Menu

Newsletter