Anime

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
I've just watched High School of the Dead. Entertaining, but it's very important not to let the squicky fanservice in episode one put you off. I get the impression the creators wanted to get it all out of the way as quickly as possible, while making it almost impossible to enjoy it very much, which I suppose they deserve some (but not much) credit for. If I hadn't taken the word of a good friend, then I would have stopped before the end of the first episode and missed out on a quite enjoyable action/horror series.

Film-wise, I've watched Kiki's Delivery Service, which is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Sweet, virtually plotless and relentlessly feel good in its approach. At the recommendation of a different friend (who shall be receiving a ding 'round the earhole if we ever meet face to face :|) I tried The Adventure Duo... Ugggggh! :eek: I'm not easily offended or grossed out, but that one managed to do both.

BTW, re my question about Legend of Black Heaven a few months ago... It's bloomin' brilliant! Reading a summary of the show doesn't do it justice. The creators manage to turn a silly sounding premise into a touching and highly enjoyable drama. Worth seeking out.

Ash

Constable
Dec 28, 2010
County Durham, UK
The idea of a Hetalia murder mystery was so good i have started a Hetalia thread! Oh and Kikis Delivery Service was not a film I expected to like either but after seeing it on film 4 I ended up buying it. It is such a, well I can not think of another word to describe it but gentle (kinda like last of the summer wine) that you can not help but like it.

Just going to throw my two pence into visi thread: The only anime series I have seen is Cowboy Bebop and the film. I've seen about two thirds of the studio Ghiblis and I've seen Steamboy and Ghost in the Shell. Thats off the top of my head, I know I have seen more films than series that's for sure!

Ash

Constable
Dec 28, 2010
County Durham, UK
Even if the story is nothing like the borrowers its a Studio Ghibli movie so it is bound to be good. They did a good adaption of Howls Moving Castle though so I have faith that they will do a good job of it.

Ash

Constable
Dec 28, 2010
County Durham, UK
I was watching Excel Saga yesterday and thought I would ask did anyone on here ever watch the show Saiko Exciting on the sci-fi channel? It used to show J-Pop, Nadesico, Evangelion, and show Fruits fashion segments.

User Menu

Newsletter