Ask Terry

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 26, 2008
You know this is something ive thought about for a very long time, if i ever met him what would i ask him, about a book, a character, plans, so many possible questions but no idea where to start, and then again the question i asked how many times would he have heard it before, so really the question would have to be very original i feel. But i think ive finally come up with an answer, Terrys given so much over the years to us the readers i feel i would want to give him something back, so instead of a question, the one thing id like to say to Terry is........ Thank you for the many years you have given me the greatest pleasure in reading, and thank you for the years to come your books will continue to give me. I know i'll never get to tell him in person so hopefully he or someone who knows him will tell him this.
Which leads me on to, what would you say to him if you have never met him before, it would be interesting to know. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The first time I met Terry I thanked him for his writing and for all the friends I'd made on websites about his writing. He asked me if I'd ever been to one of the events and I hadn't. So he told me to make sure I did as I'd have a great time. He was right. :laugh:

As to questions - I think I'd ask him about the Luggage's victims and what becomes of them. ;)

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
I saw it explained somewhere once, otherwise I'd ask him who "Dick Turpin" was.

As it is, I'd probably ask him what Rincewind's full name is.

Merleigh

Jul 3, 2009
My goodness, I actually need to ask Sir Terry a question!

He does seem like a great guy doesn't he?
With a super sense of style.

I really need to ask him if I can "borrow" three of his words!

Does anyone here know him? Do you think he'd mind?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Merleigh and welcome to the site! I'm sure he won't mind, especially if you credit him with the three words (as long as they aren't his bank account password :laugh: ).

If you are concerned though, you might want to contact Terry's agent, Colin Smthye, who you can find HERE. :laugh:

Merleigh

Jul 3, 2009
Aww shucks

Aww thanks guys for the warm reception and thanks awfully for the helpful info.

You guys are lovely!

Aww shucks i'm all fuzzy now.

User Menu

Newsletter