Bartimaeus Trilogy, anyone?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Have you read/heard of this series?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!! The end makes it worthwhile to watch it, but I just love it! Tuck Everlasting is one of the movies I can watch as many times as I'm alone (because other people around me aren't that enthousiastic). The other movie like this is Pride and Prejudice (not the serie-version, although that one is great too), which I've seen so many times that I almost know it by heart by now... ;)

Really? I haven't seen the Tuck film, I've just read the book. It made me really sad - what a waste of water just to give it to a toad.
I wanted Winnie to drink it. D:)

I haven't read Pride and Prejudice...I have read Emma, though, and I'm not sure I want to read/watch more Austen. All they do is sit around and visit and have tea parties because they have tenants that pay the rent, and that's what I hear P&P is about.

Bleurgh. It's close to 12:30 am now, and I should go.
Unfortunately, young people need more sleep than adults, so I guess I should go or else I'll wake up with gigantic purple eyebags. And I'm doing passport photos tomorrow. Or later today, to be more accurate. :p
Goodnight/morning!

STOP! STOP! STOP!!!

Emma is the only Austen which isn't... oh, let's say it: Emma is horrible! But Austen in general is reallly good. Why did you start with Emma?? :devil: Oh, b*gger... OK, maybe it isn't too late.
Jane, please go to the library as soon as you read this, and read Pride and Prejudice. That'll help you gain your faith in Austen back...

*mutters something containing Emma and first and bad choice...*

Wait are you talking about Emma the book or Emma the character? And why is it so horrible? I just thought the book was average because I never liked Emma and her selfish manipulation. And also because I was told it was funny, but it wasn't.
I read it because of my crazy English teacher who's so obsessed that she named her daughter after the title character.

Hrm...Some of my friends were made to read P&P last year for school, and they say it's about a bunch of girls who need to get married off. How good is it compared to Emma? :eek:

I might just go and borrow a copy of P&P at school, then!
But I have to finish these 2 Discworld books.
I'm probably one of the few frequentforumfliers who hasn't read and bought every single TP novel.

In the 1st TV show the homoculus eat philosophers stones
Are you meant to eat them? I was thinking of the HP movie version, where they were shiny red rocks. How do Nick and Perry use them? o_O
Maybe you grind it up and mix it into your drinks like that Metamucil fiber powder.

Why? Whatever's in it isn't going to kill me.
That'd defeat the purpose of an immortality drink.

Bartimaeus: The Ring of Solomon is coming out in October/November 2010, depending on what country you're in.
There's a listing for Canada, UK, US, and India, but I'm not sure when it'll be out in Australia...does this mean I should order from the US/UK amazon?

Jane said:
Why? Whatever's in it isn't going to kill me.
That'd defeat the purpose of an immortality drink.

Bartimaeus: The Ring of Solomon is coming out in October/November 2010, depending on what country you're in.
There's a listing for Canada, UK, US, and India, but I'm not sure when it'll be out in Australia...does this mean I should order from the US/UK amazon?

It's about Barti's life before London.
And his former master(s).

Sorry to disappoint everyone who wanted to see the sequel to Ptolemy's Gate. :( I know I wanted to, but you can't do it without it going mushy.

I'm hoping that it's got lots of funny bits, and maybe another character every other chapter so we don't get annoyed by Barti.
There's such a thing as too much of a good thing.

You don't believe "too much of a good thing" unless it's happened to you.
It's like barbeque sauce got ruined for me.
I sometimes have dreams of getting forcefed that stuff.
*twitch*

Some people are allergic to chocolate. There was this book I read, and the main character was allergic to it, and she was made to eat it just to prove that "death by chocolate" was possible.

And wasn't there that Discworld book where the auditor was drowned in a choc vat? I think it was Thief of Time. I haven't read it, but I saw the summary&spoilers page.
...And that reminds me of that artist who sculpts with chocolate. She takes a gigantic chocolate cube and licks it into it looks like a bust. :eek:

User Menu

Newsletter