Bartimaeus Trilogy, anyone?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Have you read/heard of this series?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The artist makes them out of lard, too. It's pretty creepy.
It's supposed to reflect the sinny greed of humanity.

Too much of a good thing: Pumpkin
It's healthy, but my mother keeps making it every. single. night. so now I don't like it anymore. It tastes like a sweet potato.

ColinEdwards

Lance-Constable
Aug 3, 2008
Norfolk/Suffolk border
Having just finished reading the proof of the LATEST Bartimaeus book - 'Ring of Solomon' - I thought I ought to pick up this thread again.

The hardback is out now - the fourth in the trilogy - and a prequel to Barty's life before his adventures in our more modern times. He is back in Egypt and meeting some familiar djinn for the first time.

If you liked the first three books you will LOVE the new one!

I would really like to hear what others think of Jonathan Stroud. I am clearly biased but I think he is one of our most under-rated authors and I champion his work alongside Marcus Sedgwick, another genius in waiting, whenever I get the chance.

The Ring of Solomon has officially come out!

The UK/Australian cover is a lie!! He never actually wears the ring as a gargoyle! :(
Bartimaeus and Farquarl are as funny as ever, especially the bit with the drubbing. Asmira is tiring and her puppy dedication made me want to give her a slap. It's not as intricate or complex as the other Bartimaeus books, but I wasn't expecting it to be. It's still worth reading, though.

Yep, way before Ptolemy. I think it's 900 BC. Ptolemy was 125 BC, and Nathaniel was AD 2005(ish, depending on book).

I liked the return of Faquarl; he and Bartimaeus make an awesome duo, even though they don't like each other. Yeah, Asmira was a bit annoying - I'm happy she stopped being so "ILOVEMYQUEEN!" in the end.

Jane said:
Yep, way before Ptolemy. I think it's 900 BC. Ptolemy was 125 BC, and Nathaniel was AD 2005(ish, depending on book).

I liked the return of Faquarl; he and Bartimaeus make an awesome duo, even though they don't like each other. Yeah, Asmira was a bit annoying - I'm happy she stopped being so "ILOVEMYQUEEN!" in the end.
i's set in a country with a "puppet" leader again as well...reckon stroud had some bad experience?

User Menu

Newsletter