Batman vs Superman

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
Penfold said:
Judge Dredd from the 2000 AD comic was excellent (I had every issue from the first until my gran threw them out) but I was sooooo disappointed with the film. :(
mean machine and hammerstien were brilliant ok tho the rest was pants :laugh: they are on about making another.

max von sydow was good as the chief judge as well

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I lurved Michelle's Pfeiffer's cat woman suit even though it was PVC and not real leath... 8)

Halle Berry's suit was pants - or should I say chaps 'cos that's wot they looked like :twisted:

Still Batman - Adam West was fun! :laugh: I like a Batguy who can make me laugh too. Spiderman - nope can't stand spiders and Peter Parker's professional posturings are far too geeky plus he'd get me all gooey in totally the wrong way! :eek:

Penfold said:
Judge Dredd from the 2000 AD comic was excellent (I had every issue from the first until my gran threw them out) but I was sooooo disappointed with the film. :(
Penfold, there is a new film on the way starring Karl Urban (Eomer from Lord of the Rings). They have promised to not take the helmet off at all. :laugh: Should be out around Autmn or late Summer.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
DaveC said:
Penfold said:
Penfold, there is a new film on the way starring Karl Urban (Eomer from Lord of the Rings). They have promised to not take the helmet off at all. :laugh: Should be out around Autmn or late Summer.
Thanks for the info DaveC, I'll definitely keep my eye out for it. Hopefully, they won't take too many liberties with the character this time. (It sounds promising if he is going to keep his helmet on.) :laugh:

Nov 25, 2010
London UK
www.youtube.com
I've always thought Batman and Superman had distinct styles, for Superman it's "Protect the Innocent!" but Batman goes with "Punish the Guilty!" which is way cooler. And Spideman's just a little irritating.

The Judge Dredd movie was poor, but they got the look about right - the trouble was, I thought, that Dredd's a bloody Nazi, a real anti-hero, in fact, maybe even a villain, even though "He is the Law!" and the humour of the comic was that he was so extreme, and with a big Hollywood star like Stallone they just couldn't show him that bad...

Penfold said:
DaveC said:
Penfold said:
Thanks for the info DaveC, I'll definitely keep my eye out for it. Hopefully, they won't take too many liberties with the character this time. (It sounds promising if he is going to keep his helmet on.) :laugh:
A closer look:

http://www.empireonline.com/News/story.asp?nid=29534

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Penfold said:
DaveC said:
Penfold said:
Nooooooooooooo! :eek: Karl has to take his helmet off! :p Helmet OFF! Helmet OFF! :twisted:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
michelanCello said:
Batman of course! I mean, what kind of superhero wears his underwear outside? :eek:
They both do ;)

Spiderman - can't stand him
Judge Dredd - well cool
Catwoman - not impressed. If I was a superhero I'd be less posturey and more ass-kicky (which can't be done in high heels).
Hit Girl - rocks.

Jan Van Quirm said:
Penfold said:
DaveC said:
Penfold said:
Nooooooooooooo! :eek: Karl has to take his helmet off! :p Helmet OFF! Helmet OFF! :twisted:
I take it Mrs Tolkien approved of his portrayal of the Captain of the Rohirrim ;)

User Menu

Newsletter