BBC Points of View Messageboards

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
Well the end is nigh.

Also, from Monday 11th, all threads discussing non-BBC programmes (unless they are comparing a BBC programme and non-BBC programme) will now be considered off-topic and will have to take place on the Green Room thread. The existing threads for non-BBC programmes will be closed over time, starting the same day.
They're really trying to kill off the POV boards. All threads about non-BBC shows are to be closed.

That means that threads about Lost, Primeval, etc, which have been going for several years, will be wiped out.

If it's a money-saving enterprise, perhaps they could ask Mr J. Ross to contribute a few quid?

:rolleyes:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I'm not really surprised at all, Bouncy, they killed all of the S & N boards in 2006, I'd only just got started there & then they got rid of them. :( :devil:

They want to keep them all just for Beeb progs, radio or T.V. They don't care about the people who regularly post on their boards, even though it's our money they are using to run them.

They do a Springwatch/Autumnwatch board every year, then close them down. There is nowhere on the Beeb to carry on discussing wildlife, since the S & N boards went.

Apr 29, 2009
London
There's a big outcry over there at the moment.

I also read that Channel Four have closed down their forums, ostensibly because they cost a lot to run.

Apr 27, 2009
Atop a mountain in Cumbria
Blimey - you lot all found interesting message boards full of lively discussion and debate
I got to talk to other lumpy fat people about how many calories in a Costa Skinny Cappucino (about 30 in a small one by the way)

Put me off message boards for a bit - but thats probably more to do with sad failure of said diet.

Funny that - when I stopped dieting and obsessing about food and discovered TP books and started obsessing about those instead - lost loads of weight
Another reason to praise Sir Terry!!

READING TERRY PRATCHETT MAKES YOU THIN - IT'S OFFICIAL !!

Sorry to go off topic there - ignore me

User Menu

Newsletter