Charity Auction - Signed 'Only You Can Save Mankind'

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Hello everyone! :)

I hope this does not seem rude to barge in here and announce this but my sister and I are running a charity auction and one of our donations is a US edition hardback copy of 'Only You Can Save Mankind' from Sir Terry Pratchett, signed on the inside.

As you are all fans of his work, I thought it might be appropriate to give you all a heads-up and provide you with a link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=250444451898

Yes, it started at 99p!

For more info on the reason behind the auction, feel free to contact me or click the link on my profile.

Best wishes to you all,

Lizzie - BumblePlum Charity Auction

- Moderators, feel free to move this post if necessary

xx

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I've listed them on a database and where there are on the shelf coresponds with the database, makes it earsier to find what I'm looking for except for the loose ones which have to be added. :)A cabin, luxury I could build a mini library in one. :)

Nov 15, 2012
Hi Lizzie and interested parties.

Wish I'd heard about your auction 3 ½ years earlier!

Please message me about any similar BumblePlum auctions you have in future.

Re: "Only You Can Save Mankind"

Does anyone know which African Tribe whose closest word for 'enemy' is 'a friend we haven't met yet'.

I've Googled it and found nothing except a vague reference on a games forum to a Borneo/Malaysian tribe the apparent origin of a "stranger is a friend I haven't met yet". But pardon my french but that sounds like BS because the phrase is officially credited to vaudeville performer Will Rogers.

Are there any QI aficionados who can help. I wanted to use it as a quote for my blog. But there is enough unverified info on the net as it is without me adding to it.

All replies will be rewarded with gratitude and appreciation x

User Menu

Newsletter