Colour of Magic Sky Movie

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
There's a "free pass" on Sky this weekend for Freeview viewers on Sky3 (Freeview 11, I think).

Colour of Magic was on this afternoon, with the second part tomorrow (Sunday).

nattheweirdo

Lance-Corporal
Aug 30, 2009
Devon, UK
I watched that with my friend when she stayed around my house. I love david jason but he's SO not Rincewind...and Twoflower with an american accent? err..no! personally I didn't like it :p

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Magrat Garlick said:
Did you actually get to talk to Sean and David? I caught some of it on youtube - is it my imagination or was the barman the same guy that played Banjo in Hogfather?
No you´re right both Banjo and the barman are played by Stephen Marcus :p . He also played Nick the Greek in Lock, stock and two smoking barrels.

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
I did get to speak to Sean quite a bit between takes. He was interested in the game of Thud we were playing. I did speak to Dave Jason a little bit - he took the mickey out of the hat I was wearing.

Yes, Tony, I pop up in various places in the film. I am one of the "zombiefied" star people, I was just behind Stren Witthel fighting when he gets kicked in the happy sacks and also one of the workman who drops the statue at the end.

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Sjoerd3000 said:
Magrat Garlick said:
Did you actually get to talk to Sean and David? I caught some of it on youtube - is it my imagination or was the barman the same guy that played Banjo in Hogfather?
No you´re right both Banjo and the barman are played by Stephen Marcus :p . He also played Nick the Greek in Lock, stock and two smoking barrels.
So is he going to be the Jimmy Stewart of the Discworld movies?

For those who don't know (too young) Jimmy Stewart was in what seemed most of Alfred Hicthcock movies, mostly as a main character.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
Struggled to read the book but managed it in the end.

Listened to an Audio Book version on my MP3 Player but again struggled with Neil (The Young Ones) reading to me.....I keep waiting for the nauseating Rik Mayall to interrupt him.

Last night I watched the Sky Movie version and loved it.

For those members who have never heard of Rik Mayall he is described as an Alternative Comedian, I assume ''Alternative'' refers to the fact that he is not funny and therefore not a Comedian. (Personal observation)

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
I didn't see this before! I can't believe Jason actually saw the Luggage!
I won't say he knew Twoflowers and Rincewind because even if I liked the movie they were so not the true ones..I kept thinking what was Sam Gamgee doing with that shirt :laugh:
Anyway it's wonderful, Jason is the first non-italian movie star I know!!! :p

User Menu

Newsletter