Dirk Gently

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Nov 21, 2010
poohcarrot said:
BaldFriede said:
And I definitely recommend to read "Last Chance To See", Adam's book about nearly extinct animals. It is not comical at all, or very rarely at best, but absolutely worth reading.
Seconded! :p
Thirded! Okay, not a real word but still. :laugh:

Birthday

Lance-Constable
Feb 2, 2011
It was pretty good but completely missed out the robotic monk, the stuck sofa and the ancient greek vase which annoyed me a lot :cool: :devil: :x , but it was actually all right.

Apr 29, 2009
London
BBC4 has recommissioned Dirk Gently, the adaptation of the late Douglas Adams novel starring Stephen Mangan.

The digital channel has ordered another three hour-long episodes of the comedy drama, following the pilot broadcast in late 2010, for later this year.

Adapted by the Bafta-winning writer Howard Overman – who is also behind Misfits, Vexed and Merlin – Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency follows the exploits of Adams's chaotic character as he uses his unusual methods to solve crimes.

The Dirk Gently books have formed the basis of a play and a BBC Radio 4 series, but this is the first time they have been adapted for TV.

Dirk Gently is being made by ITV Studios in association with the Welded Tandem Picture Company. The executive producers are Saurabh Kakkar for ITV Studios and Eleanor Moran for the BBC.

The drama was commissioned by Ben Stephenson, controller of BBC drama commissioning, and BBC4 controller Richard Klein.

Feb 19, 2011
cat flaps

there were so many concepts introduced in 'the holistic detective agency' I hope they make an appearance in the TV program.

my favourite include The Electric monk (washing machines were invented to wash the clothes for you so you don't have to, video recoreders to watch TV for you and electric monks to theologise for you) and that it took the genius of Newton to spot the concept of a 'door within a door' aka a catflap.

I actually used the term 'a catflap moment' in a job interview the other day...didn't get the job.

User Menu

Newsletter