Discussion Group?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 25, 2008
Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A.
I think that a Watch one is called for-- and Tina, I think Guards! Guards! is just the one. After all--that's where we meet almost all of the most important characters of the Watch & Lady Sybil for the first time. That gets my vote.

(Besides, probably my two least favorite books are Pyramids and Eric--don't know which I dislike most).

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
IMO the star of Guards Guards is Carrot. His naivety is hilarious and without him, Vimes would still be a drunken bum in the gutter, and the Watch, a joke.

Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
Yes ...lots of people introduced to us, the book establishes a number things which are built on in the later books, Sam and Sybil, Carrots character and Royal blood line for examples. 8)

And it is a cracking good book with intrigue and comedy from the first page to the last.

If I ever recommend a Discworld book to a New comer it would be this one. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Woah there guys! :laugh:

Let's hold the discussion for the actual discussion! ;)

I've got no problem with using G!G! as the next discussion book, but the discussion will start on the first Monday (6th) of July.

That gives you all a couple of weeks to read or reread Guards! Guards! :laugh:

Mar 12, 2009
Darkest West Sussex
Tonyblack said:
This is your two week warning! You have two weeks to read or reread Guards! Guards! for the discussion starting Monday 6th July. :)
Is this coincidence or kismet or something else? I hadn't seen this thread until a few moments ago. I finished re-reading Guards! Guards! about an hour and a half ago...

:eek:

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
WannabeAngua said:
Is this coincidence or kismet or something else? I hadn't seen this thread until a few moments ago. I finished re-reading Guards! Guards! about an hour and a half ago...
....one in a million chance. ;)
......if he'd been reading it standing on one leg, with a hanky on his head and soot on his face, while whistling the hedgehog song. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter