Discussion Group?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

bookworm 303

Lance-Constable
May 22, 2009
France
I am reading monstruous regiment, but I will start to read again witches abroad right now! I have it only in french but even so it could be really interresting to have a discussion about it.

I am not sure how discussion groups work pertaining to books, so I am just going to jump in with both feet. (as opposed to the difficulties with Seven League Boots... :laugh: )

I like this book.

1) It involves the three major witches, Granny, Nanny and Magrat, and puts them in places that are outside of the 'normal' settings. I enjoy the heck out of the dialects that Nanny comes up with in her dealings with the locals.

2) The Wand :laugh: :laugh: is too funny.

3) I have never been to Mardi Gras, but I think it would be a Hoot.

4) "Somewhere on the chilly ground, a very large bat was trying to get airborne again. It had already been stunned twice, once by a carelessly opened shutter and once by a ballistic garlic sausage, and wasn't feeling very well at all. One more setback, it was thinking, and it's back off to the castle. Besides it'd be sunrise soon. It's red eyes glinted as it looked up at Magrat's open window, it tensed-- A paw landed on it. The bat looked around."

"The Bat squirmed under his (Greebo's) claw. It seemed to Greebo's small cat brain that it was trying to change it's shape, and he wasn't having any of that from a mouse with wings on. Especially now, when he had someone to play with."

"Under the table, Greebo sat and washed himself. Occasionally he burped. Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat." (abridged) PMSL!!!!! :twisted: :laugh: :twisted:

User Menu

Newsletter