SPOILERS Discussion of Good Omens, the series

Welcome to the Official Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the official Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Sergeant
May 20, 2012
Did anyone else notice how often, when the two are side by side, Crowley is at Aziraphale's left side? Even on the bus when Crowley is behind him, we see him placed that way, more or less looking over Aziraphale's left shoulder.

=Tamar

Sergeant
May 20, 2012
Still laughing at the bathtub scene - a direct riff on every bathtub scene in every movie ever.

=Tamar

Sergeant
May 20, 2012
I noticed on my second watch through that when discussing feeding the ducks in St. James's Park, there wasn't a single duck in sight (and also on subsequent visits to the park). There does seem to be a "what duck" theme running through the series. :cool:
I could have sworn I saw ducks in one scene. There was also a black swan (with touches of red) which tended to distract me from the plain white ducks. That resonated nicely with the small touches of red in Crowley's black outfits.

=Tamar

Sergeant
May 20, 2012
Sometimes it takes me a while... when they're sitting on a bus-stop bench (in front of a church, which is closed to them), Aziraphale is drinking directly from a bottle - most uncharacteristic for him. But it sort of fits, because at that point, Aziraphale is homeless. (Not to imply that homeless necessarily means drunk, but Aziraphale has been drinking a lot when with Crowley and there's no table to set a wineglass on.)

Last edited:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I could have sworn I saw ducks in one scene. There was also a black swan (with touches of red) which tended to distract me from the plain white ducks. That resonated nicely with the small touches of red in Crowley's black outfits.
It's possible but I only saw geese, swans, and a few other waterfowl, but no ducks (although they might possibly have been out of focus in the background somewhere).

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Everyone's an ornithologist :p Maybe the ducks couldn't be persuaded to land - as soon as you get the bread out, the seagulls are there!

May 20, 2012
I believe the current word is that you shouldn't feed bread to ducks anyway. Maybe the animal protection people made sure the ducks were safely elsewhere.

May 20, 2012
There's been some criticism of Anathema's round-frame glasses. Given her age, I think she's a Harry Potter fan.

May 20, 2012
Neil Gaiman's Twitter (you don't have to belong to Twitter to read it) has just posted a link to a really observant thread by Neurocosmos about Aziraphale's body language. It's too long to quote and too good to shorten, and there are exemplary screencaps, so here's the link to her site and thread:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Neil Gaiman's Twitter (you don't have to belong to Twitter to read it) has just posted a link to a really observant thread by Neurocosmos about Aziraphale's body language. It's too long to quote and too good to shorten, and there are exemplary screencaps, so here's the link to her site and thread:

I never noticed that but will look for it when I watch again. Michael Sheen is possibly one of the most subtle actors that I have seen, especially when it comes to using body language in his many varied roles. It might be one of the reasons that he doesn't quite get the recognition he deserves.

May 20, 2012
He does it so naturally that people don't realize it's a deliberate choice. The curse of good actors everywhere - people who think they're just walking through the role when really every motion and blink is chosen. Like his looking at Crowley three times quickly in the Bastille scene.

May 20, 2012
Crowley said "I owe you one" about having lunch together. He owed Aziraphale lunch from 1793, when they had crepes. They met again several times: 1862, 1941, 1967. Did they really not have lunch, or did they pay for their own and 1793 was the time Aziraphale paid as thanks for being rescued?

Book of the Month

Moving Pictures

"Pratchett’s wackiness collaborates with Gaiman’s morbid humour; the result is a humanist delight to be savoured and read again and again."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter