Discworld Action Figures???

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Those are really nice! Although 30mm seems rather small. The Clarecraft pewter figures were around 40mm I think and it would have been nice if they'd been made to that scale. But these are tabletop game figures and I suppose that 30mm is the standard size. o_O

I thought you were going to post about the Discworld Dolls there for a bit Jason. :eek: :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
:laugh: From doing a bit of online checking, it seems that the company making these excellent figures is Polish and they offer a painting service for those people who don't feel able to paint them themselves (most of us!).

The figures aren't on the company website yet - at least I couldn't find them. o_O

stormblade

Lance-Constable
Sep 18, 2008
uk
ive been painting these typs of figures for years and its not as hard as it looks just pop to you local gamesworkshop for lots of help and and advice.

(you can tell the good ones there the ones with the geeky beard and the slightly plaid look of someone who spends to much time indoors on his own)

andrew

Lance-Constable
Nov 18, 2008
Isle of Man, British Isles
I've been looking for this sort of thing for a while now so I got excited when I saw this thread!

There seems to be quite a shortage of Discworld-themed merchandise to adorn your book collection with... but maybe that's a good thing! The word 'merchandise' has bad connotations, at least in my eyes.

In a positive light, at least with these models you have to assemble them and paint them yourself. A lot of it is down to an individual's effort and their own perceptions of the look and feel of the Disc's characters.

I'm lacking in my painting skills but I think I'll have to give these a try. It'd be great for people to post pictures of their painted minatures if anyone else decides to have a go!

Very best wishes,

Andrew

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I'm glad you posted on this thread, Andrew, coz I'd missed it before. The figures would make a good Christmas present for me :laugh: ........Now, who can I ask to give them to me? :laugh:

mattglg

Nov 15, 2008
I'm going to have to stop checking this forum - it costs me too much!

I love the Rincewind figure - I quite like the Vimes one as well but it doesn't quite match my mental image of him (if you know what I mean).

I couldn't see the painting service on their website - can anyone see how much it is? - I haven't painted a miniature in 15 years and I wasn't much good then!

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
chris.ph said:
just been tod to grow up by my little boss :laugh:
No need for that kind of talk :laugh:

Actually, I would definitely get them if they were painted, but the thought of spending hours painstakingly colouring in the little fellas - not my cup of tea. And I'd really like a Granny Weatherwax with a kung fu grip as well, whatever Terry says ;)

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
I've now got a complete set and first impressions are that they are going to be a nightmare to put together. They each come in parts so Death's arm is separate to his body and his sword. The join points seem to be very loosely fitting and will need glueing to hold them together properly.

I'll look at them properly again and let you know.

User Menu

Newsletter