Discworld Diary 2016

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
simmonds91 said:
... This is More shocking than hearing that a character in the shepherds crown is now a nun!
Would that be Foul Ole Ron, by any chance?
Because the last time that FOR was up before the beak, the judge asked him what his occupation was, and Ron said: "Nun."

(Apologies to the writer team for "Blackadder Goes Forth", of course)
;)

simmonds91

Lance-Corporal
Oct 29, 2012
Haha, I was just making some random example to express my shock ;) i've not read anything about any nuns in the diary.

To be honest i think it would be wise to wait until the shepherds crown has been released before reading the diary as all the information in it will be post-SC y'know? I found the little bit of information somewhere in the middle of the diary but it might not be the only spoiler in there. Better to be safe than sorry right?

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
simmonds91 said:
Haha, I was just making some random example to express my shock ;) i've not read anything about any nuns in the diary.

To be honest i think it would be wise to wait until the shepherds crown has been released before reading the diary as all the information in it will be post-SC y'know? I found the little bit of information somewhere in the middle of the diary but it might not be the only spoiler in there. Better to be safe than sorry right?
I suppose so... hmm. It wouldn't make the wait any easier, though. :(

I haven't read SC yet, but I very much doubt there would be any nuns. The first, last and only nun in the Discworld canon (as far as I know) is
Mr Tulip (from "The Truth", of course).

Now that we've mentioned SC, I wonder if anyone in Scotland talks as the Feegles do. "Ach, crivens! 'Tis the crossin' o' the arms fro' the wee bigjob hag! Let's be offski!" ;) Does anyone know?

Sep 13, 2015
Bristol
I think i am entitled to an opinion,but i would like to say that i think the Diary is great,but very cheap looking,like the last one.
Some of the Discworld covers are great,i thought they could of made these diaries look abit more authenticly older looking,also the silk ribbon place marker isnt there,sorry,ive got it but dont like it,Lucy,x

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
simmonds91 said:
Just got the witches 2016 diary in the post :) ... Its quite different from the last diaries i think, there are pages of information scattered throughout the book instead of it all being at the front.
No, actually it's a return to the original format. The older diaries had information all through.

=Tamar

simmonds91

Lance-Corporal
Oct 29, 2012
Oh, I thought it was all at the front and there was simply little snippets next to portraits of various characters in the old diaries, my bad.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
simmonds91 said:
Oh, I thought it was all at the front and there was simply little snippets next to portraits of various characters in the old diaries, my bad.
No, my bad. I thought the snippets were what you were referring to as "information between". If there are whole pages, then it's more like an almanac. I just checked and We R Igors also does not have the ribbon bookmark.
Still, I believe 2015 was the Year of the Spinning Mouse but I haven't heard what next year is. Can someone who has the Witches' Diary tell us what the Discworld year in it is called?

=Tamar said:
Still, I believe 2015 was the Year of the Spinning Mouse but I haven't heard what next year is. Can someone who has the Witches' Diary tell us what the Discworld year in it is called?
The diary doesn't actually say what the year is called - however, Rob Wilkins announced it as "The Year of the Sneezing Panda" at the Shepherd's Crown book launch back in August.

User Menu

Newsletter