Doctor Who - Series Six

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
The new series of Doctor Who will premiere on BBC1 on Saturday 23rd April, with a US airing a few hours later.

BBC America has announced the US airdate for the premiere of the new series of Doctor Who.

The channel will host the series launch on Saturday April 23 at 9pm ET, reports Entertainment Weekly.

The episode will be the first of a two-part series opener, written by Steven Moffat, which will be set primarily in the US.

An official synopsis of the premiere reads: "The Doctor (Matt Smith), and his companions Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory (Arthur Darvill), find themselves on a secret summons that takes them on an adventure from the desert in Utah - right to the Oval Office in 1969."

Smith recently described the upcoming series as "harrowing".

Whoot! :laugh:

Kittycat1977

Lance-Corporal
Apr 6, 2010
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Oh dear I appear to be a minority. I really enjoyed last series and think Matt Smith is better than David Tennant particularly towards the end as he went a bit mad eyed.

Agree with you though Bouncy Amy can be a bit annoying and much prefer Rory.

unseenu

Lance-Corporal
Feb 19, 2010
Hull,uk
Is the doctor friends with every political leader in the universe? number eleven has got secret summonses from all sorts of people,mainly Winston Churchill and some king or other who was on the orient express in space.(phonecall at the end of the series)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Kittycat1977 said:
Oh dear I appear to be a minority. I really enjoyed last series and think Matt Smith is better than David Tennant particularly towards the end as he went a bit mad eyed.

Agree with you though Bouncy Amy can be a bit annoying and much prefer Rory.
I much prefer the new Doctor to David Tennant. And thank Io for Rory as at least we aren't going to have to go through the whole Rose thing again. :rolleyes:

Phoenix

Lance-Corporal
Oct 4, 2009
Hampshire, England
Eeeeee! *does a little happy dance* :laugh:

I think I'm extra odd because I've found something to enjoy in most of the new Doctor Who series (although four went a bit wonky... human!hybrid Doctor *shudders*) :) Amy is probably one of my favourite companions, but I also liked Martha, which is also considered a bit odd by some ;) and I agree, Amy is much better when balanced by Rory :p I just really, really hope that River Song doesn't make too many appearances- she's like the new Captain Jack, but much, much more annoying!

Dec 15, 2008
Norway
I think Martha was great. Quite liked that comedian woman as well (thinking really hard but can't remember her name).
I'm using Dr Wha as a training motivator at the moment. I can only watch an episode if I'm using my stepping machine as well.
I haven't started on series 5 yet so I can't comment on Matt Smith as the Doctor, but I'm gonna miss David Tennant.
(I haven't worked out in a while....I don't wanna watch the moment when David regenerates)

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
And the character's name that Catherine Tate played was Donna Noble.

Hey, chris.ph, you live in Wales, right? Do you ever see the filming? :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Quatermass said:

My friend saw them filming in Barry Island a few weeks ago.

I know a lot of the locations they use and there's a really good website of Dr Who Locations.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
Quatermass said:

My friend saw them filming in Barry Island a few weeks ago.

I know a lot of the locations they use and there's a really good website of Dr Who Locations.
When I visited Cardiff back in January 2009, I was kinda hoping that I'd see them filming. Didn't get to, though. Visited the Doctor Who exhibition they had there, but it was somewhat...disappointing, I'm afraid. I was expecting something twice as big, at least.

But thanks for the thought, Tony. Though I doubt I'll be heading to the UK, never mind Wales, in the near future. I detest overseas travel, or at least the 'flying cattle class' part.

User Menu

Newsletter