Doctor Who - Series Six

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Hey Q. Any news of when Dr Who is screening here? I am guessing a day or two after the UK screening.

Hit the Aussis Dr Who fan site and WOW. Someone there has alot of insider info. :laugh:

Apparently we WILL see alot more of Riversong whatever. Can't stand her. The man she murdered? The one she says was the man she most cared for? Apparently not the Dr..... conjecture it was JFK.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
The exhibition is, I agree, very disappointing. The stuff for sale in the gift shop looks more 'real' than the actual exhibits. :laugh:
Well, I feel that there wasn't enough in the exhibition when I visited. Maybe this new 'Doctor Who Experience' I've heard of is better, I dunno...

deldaisy said:
Hey Q. Any news of when Dr Who is screening here? I am guessing a day or two after the UK screening.

Hit the Aussis Dr Who fan site and WOW. Someone there has alot of insider info. :laugh:

Apparently we WILL see alot more of Riversong whatever. Can't stand her. The man she murdered? The one she says was the man she most cared for? Apparently not the Dr..... conjecture it was JFK.
It was about two weeks behind last year, and the closest thing we have to confirmation was this press release in January...

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/01/abc1-on-track-for-entertainment.html

The series apparently begins on April 23rd in both the UK and the US.

As for River Song...I dunno. But there are hints that there may be more to what she has done than meets the eye.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Neil Gaiman episode and seeing what that one's like. And I'm hoping that this series will be an improvement over the last one, which had many good bits, but didn't quite feel right.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Anilori said:
Tonyblack said:
The exhibition is, I agree, very disappointing. The stuff for sale in the gift shop looks more 'real' than the actual exhibits. :laugh:
As Granny said, things that try to look like things often look more like things than things. Well-known fact.
:laugh: :laugh:

But seriously.... are we in dream land here? I have made better costumes for the kids on one hours notice than some of the costumes they made for some of the older episodes of Dr WHo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzATooMEvRw&feature=fvst

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
deldaisy said:
Anilori said:
Tonyblack said:
As Granny said, things that try to look like things often look more like things than things. Well-known fact.
:laugh: :laugh:

But seriously.... are we in dream land here? I have made better costumes for the kids on one hours notice than some of the costumes they made for some of the older episodes of Dr WHo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzATooMEvRw&feature=fvst
Maybe a few of them. But The Tomb of the Cybermen was a bad example to use, Del. That was one of the best Troughton stories.

But The Dominators? The Seeds of Death? The Keys of Marinus? They've aged badly, not just in costumes but in general nature.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I was talking to a guy from the Ramblers group I'm with and he was telling me that he played a Sea Devil in an old Dr Who episode.

It was so hot wearing the costumes that the actors were given plenty of beer to drink while waiting to be filmed. The trouble was, they were waiting a long time and they drank a lot. :laugh:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
I was talking to a guy from the Ramblers group I'm with and he was telling me that he played a Sea Devil in an old Dr Who episode.

It was so hot wearing the costumes that the actors were given plenty of beer to drink while waiting to be filmed. The trouble was, they were waiting a long time and they drank a lot. :laugh:
And lemme guess, the poor SOB had to submerge himself in the waves and nearly drowned himself? I assume that he was in The Sea Devils and not Warriors of the Deep, as the latter didn't have location filming.

I doubt that it was Pat Gorman, he played a lot more than Sea Devils in Doctor Who. Ditto Stuart Fell. Did this mate of yours use to be a stuntman with HAVOC?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Quatermass said:
And lemme guess, the poor SOB had to submerge himself in the waves and nearly drowned himself? I assume that he was in The Sea Devils and not Warriors of the Deep, as the latter didn't have location filming.

I doubt that it was Pat Gorman, he played a lot more than Sea Devils in Doctor Who. Ditto Stuart Fell. Did this mate of yours use to be a stuntman with HAVOC?
To be honest, I don't know any more details than that - not even the guy's name. He wasn't a 'mate' as such, just a guy I got talking to on a coach trip.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
Quatermass said:

To be honest, I don't know any more details than that - not even the guy's name. He wasn't a 'mate' as such, just a guy I got talking to on a coach trip.
Oh, okay. No, I was just interested.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
And the name of Neil Gaiman's episode?

The Doctor's Wife, believe it or not.

The Doctor's Wife, interestingly, was the title of a fake story that John Nathan-Turner, the producer during the 1980s, put up on a production board in order to ferret out information leaks...

And besides the hoo-hah over the character of Idris, there's this interesting tidbit Gaiman told Doctor Who Magazine (I copied this over from the Doctor Who News Page)...

Idris is someone who is beautiful, and who bites, and who might just turn out to be an old acquaintance with a new face... [adding] it starts in void-space, with something – or someone – we have not seen since The War Games, and a knock on the TARDIS door...
Now, there are a few characters off-hand whom I could think of. There's Jamie, perhaps, or the War Chief, but I have the feeling that Gaiman may actually be talking about Zoe Heriot... o_O

User Menu

Newsletter