DWcon 2010

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
poohcarrot said:
DWCon 2010 Charity Auction

Can someone tell me about the charity auction?

Can anyone bring stuff and put it in the auction?
Does a % go to charity?
What %?
I don't know a lot about these, but I think you need to contact the organisers telling them what you've got beforehand so they can catalogue it.

Sharlene sent a couple of her pictures to one of the Convention auctions a few years back.

I'm pretty sure that all the proceeds go to the charity. In the past it has gone to the Orangutan Foundation, but I don't know if that's still the case. o_O

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Today it was raining and I was at home playing Super Mario wii with my peskies and wife. There was a phone call. Some guy wanted to talk to me about English lessons. He was outside in his car, so came in with his 3 year-old daughter. He told me the vice-president of his company is American and he has been given 400,000 yen to learn English for a year. He wants 3 2-hour lessons a month, on a Sunday for a year. I told him if he paid me 300,000 Yen I'd do it. I reckon the chances are 50/50 (touch wood). If he pays me 300,000 yen, that's my flight, my hotel, my being absent so I can't earn money, all paid for. 8)

One can but hope. :p

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
It was my day off, I was wearing a scruffy, holey T-shirt, was unshaven and wasn't wearing make-up. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I once had a demo lesson with my wife's pants hanging over my head and didn't realise until I'd finished that she'd hung her wet pants there. That was 3 years ago and she's still my student now. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter