SPOILERS Favourite bit of Unseen Academicals (may contain spoilers)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Aug 13, 2011
Lancashire
Ridcully is amazing (if slightly useless) and the dean is constantly pretencious stuck up and annoying I'm not sure when he becomes it but in science of discworld hes annoying. I hope the chicken kills him. :laugh:

A

Anonymous

Macarona said:
meerkat said:
Oh I don't know. He, Ridcully, Ponder and The Truth Paper are going to follow the Pex chicken. That is humiliation OR WHAT! :laugh:
I just hope he follows it up in another book or maybe a short story.
I doubt it :( I mean, seems as if Snuff is set 6 years after Nightwath, which makes it about 3-4 years after UA (goign by inofficial timeline, mind you)
If all, it will be a brief mention.

*shameless selfpromotion-mode ON*
You can read ONE take on it, though, in my fanfiction *points at signature*
*shameless selfpromotion-mode OFF*

Aug 13, 2011
Lancashire
LilMaibe said:
Macarona said:
meerkat said:
Oh I don't know. He, Ridcully, Ponder and The Truth Paper are going to follow the Pex chicken. That is humiliation OR WHAT! :laugh:
I just hope he follows it up in another book or maybe a short story.
I doubt it :( I mean, seems as if Snuff is set 6 years after Nightwath, which makes it about 3-4 years after UA (goign by inofficial timeline, mind you)
If all, it will be a brief mention.
Well a short story to tie up the lose ends would be nice. Just read the beggining of yours but I don't really have time now I'll finish it later.

Inkmusic

Aug 29, 2011
meerkat said:
Do miss the burser though!
Did nobody else notice that? The Bursar was amazing in other books, and I don't know if he's even in this book! Now, I know all of you will be correcting me as soon as possible, but the one complaint I had with this book was that I thought it would focus more on the original staff: Runes, Chair, Senior Wrangler etc. Instead, they introduced new characters like the bledlows! Okay, I tell a lie. I had two complaints. What was the matter with Drumknott in this book? I loved the bit about the mug, but he was so....prejudiced in this book.
I did love Glenda, though.

A

Anonymous

Inkmusic said:
meerkat said:
Do miss the burser though!
Did nobody else notice that? The Bursar was amazing in other books, and I don't know if he's even in this book! Now, I know all of you will be correcting me as soon as possible, but the one complaint I had with this book was that I thought it would focus more on the original staff: Runes, Chair, Senior Wrangler etc. Instead, they introduced new characters like the bledlows! Okay, I tell a lie. I had two complaints. What was the matter with Drumknott in this book? I loved the bit about the mug, but he was so....prejudiced in this book.
I did love Glenda, though.
The whole book was a bit weird IMHO especially when it came to characterisation of the...characters... The names were there and they were in the right groups... but aside from that...
Ponder was so neatly heading to become a fully fledged member of an IT-department... he was THIS close to ACTUALLY greet people coming into the HEM unannounced with -Have you tried turning it off and on again?-
Why did he had to be rewritten like this *has sad*

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Well, he's getting on a bit now. And it would be hard for him to be just head of IT with only him in the department. Also, Ridcully needs someone to shout at now that the Bursar has been retired (quite right too, poor man).

As for Drumknott, well we've never really had much info on him, so Terry can use his attitudes to reveal more about Vetinari's.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I know, but I've gotten the impression his personally inverted... That one scene with the CoC, where he demands a student is punished for trying something to see if it would work and what would happen even managed to make me stare at the book agape.
I'm aware Ponder's (said to) have seen through Ridcully's obfuscating (sp?) stupidity, but he should know better than to assume everyone gets what he's talking about.
It's just weird...

User Menu

Newsletter