favourite quotes

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Goldie - "Six, the perfect number."
Angel Eyes - "I thought three was the perfect number."
Goldie - "Yeah, but I got six more bullets in my gun."

-- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
TheMole said:
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mister Bond, I expect you to die!"

"Goldfinger"
Oh I just remembered the Simpsons version with Hank Scorpio.

"No, I expect you to die and for it to be a very cheap funeral!"
:laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
This one's from a play really (Henry V), but it's been made into a film, so:

"...he comes o'er us with our wilder days, not measuring what use we made of them''

I say it to my dad when he mentions my teen years - basically, I might have been a stinker, but I learnt a lot from it! :laugh: And because it's Shakespeare of course he can't argue ;)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Both gentlemen from Germany too I believe? I loved that Hugh Laurie character :laugh:

I'm a Tolkien nut so there's tons from the Trilogy films I like - one I'm using rather a lot lately is "Keep it secret. Keep it safe!"
The one I like best though is from the 1st film (The Fellowship) but it's more because of the visual impact. 'Tis the bit where Gandalf's just been pulled off the Bridge by the Balrog and he yells "Fly you fools!" - and the camera zooms in on Ian McKellans face and a wisp of his false beard puffs about with his breath as he shouts at the others - magic! :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
"How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture"

Blackadder

"Her first baby come out sideways. She didn't scream or nothing"

Planes trains & automobiles.

Aug 20, 2008
Manchester
From the Fifth Element and the excellnt Mr Oldman

"I hate warriors, too narrow minded. I'll tell you what I do like though: a killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold blooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF-1, would've immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun" BOOM!

mattygroves

Lance-Constable
Nov 15, 2008
SW London
www.dooyoo.co.uk
Dotsie said:
"How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture"

Blackadder
I lived in Germany for a year, and can easily explain why the Germans regard toilets differently. It's because they have the most ill designed toilets ever.

http://www.asecular.com/~scott/misc/toilet.htm

That link even comes with pictures (of toilets - fear not - it's perfectly suitable for all) and never fails to make me laugh. And it's all true.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
They have those type of toilets in the Netherlands as well. There's a sort of ledge where... things sit out of the water until you flush. Very odd indeed. :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Ewww! We regularly went to Austria/Germany for holidays in the 80s/90s - called those models 'inspection pads'..... :eek:

My husband and his brother developed a rather unfortunate obsession with them and got pretty disappointed when they seemed to become less popular as time went by... :rolleyes:

User Menu

Newsletter