Favourite?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

superfurryandy

Lance-Corporal
Apr 29, 2009
Ena's Feld
Omnia said:
I like how Granny overcomes the Vampyres who try to 'better' themselves and who seem to represent the modern way of living.
Or an allegory for the BNP, trying to be more respectable, but still the same old, same old underneath.

Perhaps that's just me :)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
brookrenwick said:
The 'Colour of Magic'. It was the first book of Terry Pratchetts that I read and it made a fantastic impression on my fresh, virgin senses.[/img]
Although it's not one of my favourites (actually I have real trouble trying to re-read it), it certainly amazed me at the time, & look what it started!

And welcome to the site as well ;)

feanor

Lance-Corporal
May 24, 2009
Perdita X said:
Oh Yes! Me too Feanor! (although Atheist, not a Christian) - Reaper Man and Hogfather are the next two

My favourite bit of Reaper Man is when they are at the dance - and after their last dance Miss Flitwick says something about "thats what death does to you" and he says something like "no that's what life does to you" - I always shed a tear at how beautifully Terry puts that whole scene together - and I often re-read it just so I can have a little cry - Am I what is known around these parts as "Sad"?! :oops:
Ayup Perditia...

No. It hits me in the heart too when she says, 'You gave me a start'? and he says, 'Actually i gave you a stop...' Priceless and then he takes her back to her young man...

And the concept of when Death needs to not be Death, he goes out to his Fields of Gold, in Deaths Domain, to care for his harvest... Stunning Book.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
brookrenwick said:
The 'Colour of Magic'. It was the first book of Terry Pratchetts that I read and it made a fantastic impression on my fresh, virgin senses.
Welcome to the site! :laugh:

Colour of Magic was my first Pratchett book as well and although it's not one of my favourites, it did start me on the road to Discworld. :)

User Menu

Newsletter