Fight Club a great book

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

shelke

Lance-Constable
Jul 8, 2010
Well that went way off-topic. My apologies for trying to provoke a discussion about a well known book. As a matter of fact, I have read the bok and seen the movie. So I know about it. I was going to share my opinion about the movie as I found it very interesting and it had a nice unexpected ending.

It was just a summary of what the book is about. I can't just start a topic about a book without posting any info about it, now can I :)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I don't mind that you lifted the first post from elsewhere, but it might be easier to provoke discussion if you start with your own opinions - "I liked it, this is why etc". And you didn't join in, which is why it went off topic. To be honest, that first post seemed to provoke more discussion about you :laugh: Sorry!

So tell us, what did you like about it?

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
shelke said:
It was just a summary of what the book is about. I can't just start a topic about a book without posting any info about it, now can I :)
Of course you have to talk about the subject matter when you open a topic - that's why you have a 'Quote' button in the posting windows (4th from the left between the u and Code* buttons) so you can say where you're quoting from if you were using text from the foreword or whatever?

Also on the post when it goes on the thread (it's quite clear you can use the quote button in the top right of every single post) - that's what I've just used to quote your last post in case anyone thought I was using other people's words without attributing them properly. It's just a matter of courtesy and why I wasn't too bothered whether you'd written it or not when Willem commented on it...

I first said:
Talk about the book's good so just ignore the lifted guff - it's got us talking about a valid topic if nothing else and some people don't realise the meaning of the word plagiarism else they'd not show themselves up doing it ;)

No claims were made and so as mC says no real damage done - I've never read this book or seen the film so all I can say is :oops:

DING! DING! Round 7 :laugh:
Now you know the drill (if you didn't before) I'm sure you'll be able to conform with basic etiquette in future.

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
My reason on commenting on it, was that I thought it was weird :)

I suspected you were a bot, posting some info on forums to get people to click a link in your signature but since you didn't have a link in your signature, you'd be a pretty lousy bot. You commented in other posts too, so I was pretty sure you were not a bot, but that made the copy-pasted parts even more mysterious.
Anyway, mystery solved, you're not a bot but a lazy bum ;) So you fit right in here.

User Menu

Newsletter