For the discworld 1st collectors...

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

jwsalmon

Apr 23, 2009
Hiya guys,

From reading the forums I take it there are a lot of collectors among us, and therefore I come to you with a proposal. How about posting pictures of our collections on the forum (through photobucket or similar) and perhaps there can be come sort of weekly award for the best/biggest/rarest/most interesting.

What d'ya reckon?

May 25, 2009
True Firsts

Hi All
I have noticed there are some Uncorrected proofs on ebay are these considered the true first editions. And does anybody have a price guide for them before I put a bid in.

Love the site by the way.

Primary function.

DARK IN HERE ISN'T IT

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Re: True Firsts

primary_function said:
Hi All
I have noticed there are some Uncorrected proofs on ebay are these considered the true first editions. And does anybody have a price guide for them before I put a bid in.

Primary function.

DARK IN HERE ISN'T IT
Uncorrected proofs are considered 'something else' I think. They aren't true first editions because they weren't sold. I don't know a lot more than that regarding price - we have a couple of members here that are much more knowledgeable though. Hopefully they can put you right. ;)

Welcome to the site. :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Re: True Firsts

primary_function said:
Hi All

Primary function.

DARK IN HERE ISN'T IT
You would probably pay well into 3 figures for it depending on what one it was.

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
Hi primary function.

I collect the UK proofs and have 22 so far.

I reckon if you pay less than 50 pounds for one you've got a bargain. Most are probably between 50 - 150. The rarer ones can go for up to 500. I've seen an Equal Rites proof for $2,500

Who's Wee Dug said:
If it is in resonable condition apart from the stamp it's still a 1st and still collectable, by the way was it a discworld one. o_O:
True, it is a Discworld book and in pretty good shape with only the small pocket for the card and the withdrawn stamp on that page.

(Edit: It is Night Watch)

Ohnhai

Lance-Constable
Sep 17, 2009
Guards! Guards! Uncorrected proof

A friend of mine had on loan my PS2 Guitar Hero collection, and wondered if I was willing to sell it as he wished to make a gift of it to his sister. (having moved up to Beatles Rockband on the 360).

A few days later I said he could have it as a gift. I have more Guitar Hero and RockBand on my PS3 than I know what to do with and like all good addicts can see the virtue in hooking more people into your habit, so I was happy and glad to pass my PS2 collection on.

Today he stuck his head over the partition at work and said that he had been considering how to reciprocate my generosity. being a writer with a more than healthy book collection and knowing my love of all things Pratchett he produced his copy of the Guards! Guards! Uncorrected Book Proof. Other than profusely thanking him I didn't know what to say. I have since learned it is one of the 100 copy print run. I get the strong feeling he may have over compensated...

the blue covered proof is in quite good condition for a 20 year old paperback but with some mild discolouration of the cover.

Does any one know if one of the other copies have been sold recently and for how much.. If it's value is too high I am, sadly, going to have to return it.

User Menu

Newsletter