For the Rankinites

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
New Rankin Brentford Trilolgy to be written.

I have one more book to write for a publisher then Far Fetched Books, my own little book company will publish a new Brentford trilogy, I intend to self-publish one novel and one illustrated book each year until I snuff it. Then I won't write anything else. :laugh:

simmonds91

Lance-Corporal
Oct 29, 2012
Who is this Brentford guy? What is the trilogy? Are his books anything like the discworld novels? I don't read anything much other than Terry pratchett books see so I need some info before I buy anything.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Brentford is a place, not a guy. Do you live near a library? It might be time for you to diversify a bit! ;)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
There is going to be a film made. :laugh:

With deep joy I can now announce that I have just had a phone call from film director Martin Gooch to say that Gothic Manor (in association with Far Fetched Films) will be turning ALICE ON MARS into a movie.A Mr Omally, a Mr Pooley and a Mr Rune will be involved in this production. I am very very happy.."

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
THIS MAY BE THE LINK YOUR LOOKING FOR BOUNCY. http://www.farfetchedbooks.com/robert-rankin/

from RR:

"With deep joy I can now announce that I have just had a phone call from film director Martin Gooch to say that Gothic Manor (in association with Far Fetched Films) will be turning ALICE ON MARS into a movie.A Mr Omally, a Mr Pooley and a Mr Rune will be involved in this production. I am very very happy.."

Prolekult

Lance-Constable
Jun 11, 2011
Does anyone else think that Noel Fielding would make a great Jim Pooley? I bet he would love to do it as well, Rankin is definitely in his sort of line.

And a special thanks to the ebayer who was selling 16 Rankin paperbacks on ebay for collection only, and when I contacted them asking if I could arrange a courier, not only did they sort out a delivery but also closed the auction then and there so I didn't have to bid. What a star, huge props to "martinsetal" if you ever read this.

Prolekult

Lance-Constable
Jun 11, 2011
I think you misread my post :) at least, I always assumed Pooley was English as it's only Omally who is always portrayed as Irish.

I would like to see the Irish actor from Shameless play Omally, would be good to see him in a comedy role. And for Hugo Rune, how about Robert Rankin himself?

Apr 29, 2009
London
David Warner played Hugo Rune in the radio version of the Brightonomicon, and his voice was perfect.

Sadly, great actor that he is, he's really not the right shape for a visual Hugo!!

Pooley is definitely English, and Omally is from Dublin.

User Menu

Newsletter