For the Rankinites

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
More new Kindle books, one free several at 99p. :mrgreen:

It's my birthday and I'm giving you presents. 23 of my kindle books are 99p for a short period and there's a free one too. Enjoy. It's my birthday and I'm giving you presents. 23 of my kindle books are 99p for a short period and there's a free one too. Enjoy.
The freebie and discounts on my 23 kindle books will end on Thursday so make sure you take full advantage. Thank you for your support. Links added below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robert-Rankin/e ... e-asc-rank

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Bouncy, it was originally to be published by Telos but that fell though some disagreement, last time I had a beer with himself in a bar at a Con in Brighton he did give me a very brief outline about the protagonist but I can't name names, :rolleyes: but someone in the publishing business. ;) apart from that there is none at the Mo which I know about it, maybe there will be one on Amazon soon.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I will give you a heads up if I find out. :mrgreen:

Bouncy here it is.

THE ABOMINABLE SHOWMAN, EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE AS AN AMAZON KINDLE EDITION.

Yes, it's true. the galaxy's best loved time-travelling holy guardian sprout, Barry, has returned for his last ever adventure.

And if that alone isn't worth making a big fuss about, then how about this?

The year is 1927 and the British Empire is about to celebrate Queen Victoria's ninetieth year upon the throne. And where better to do this than aboard the most expensive and exclusive cruise ship ever built? The mile-long SS Leviathan, a space liner/pleasure craft, orbiting Earth, where, in the spirit of the Jazz Age, anything goes. For in space the laws of Earth do not apply and rich folk can really indulge themselves.

Meet Lord Jonathan Crawford, gentleman adventurer.

Lady Agnes Rutherford, secret agent.

The "Three Owls", Aleister Crowley, Master of the Arts Magickal"

Al Jolson, politically incorrect "minstrel" and Voodoo High Priest.

And Al Capone, a right dodgy geezer.

And let us not forget the Master and Commander of The Leviathan, Count Ilya Rostov, the 20th Century's very first super-villain.

Add into the mix a vegetable lamb, a reluctant schoolboy plucked from the nineteen-fifties to save the world and more space pirates than you could shake a sticky thing at. Stir in God, a modicum of excruciating poetry and a big spoonful of Armageddon and you may well have got started into THE ABOMINABLE SHOWMAN.

Oh what a quandary........what to do :think: .....I want to get this, but it would mean purchasing an electrickery bookery.....something I have so far avoided like the plague. I know I can get an app thingy for my phone, but that's too small to read from comfortably.

And when I've tried using a friend's kindle thingybob recently it hurt my eyes....I want dead tree technology!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
chillicamper said:
Oh what a quandary........what to do :think: .....I want to get this, but it would mean purchasing an electrickery bookery.....something I have so far avoided like the plague. I know I can get an app thingy for my phone, but that's too small to read from comfortably.

And when I've tried using a friend's kindle thingybob recently it hurt my eyes....I want dead tree technology!
You can download a Kindle for PC app to your PC or laptop for free.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Even though I have a Kindle, I find it very hard to actually get the whatever to read anything on it. I've got one of Rankin's more recent novels on it but have never started it. I've "borrowed" several e-books from the library and never read them. If these were in dead tree form it would have been consumed long ago.

I think that's one key flaw of the e-book format, particularly if you're an author. People just download these things and since they''re not in front of people they just become more digital bits.

raisindot said:
Even though I have a Kindle, I find it very hard to actually get the whatever to read anything on it. I've got one of Rankin's more recent novels on it but have never started it. I've "borrowed" several e-books from the library and never read them. If these were in dead tree form it would have been consumed long ago.

I think that's one key flaw of the e-book format, particularly if you're an author. People just download these things and since they''re not in front of people they just become more digital bits.
This.

I started reading A Tale of Two Cities on my phone when I first got as it was a free from Google Play. I think it was the novelty of it being my first smart phone (Christmas 2012..) I got around 10 pages in maybe and then just kind of forgot about it and started reading regular books instead.

I think I prefer just reading the internet and longish articles in digital rather than full blown novels

User Menu

Newsletter