gah... death note

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Popcap

Lance-Constable
Jul 27, 2008
Sweden
i recently checked out the anime death note, and ive never really watched an anime before. but i found it quite interesting

the plot is about light who finds a notebook.. but not just any notebook :eek:

first episode(each episode is 3 parts if you watch them on youtube) on youtube, english subs, (37 episodes total)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V1i2YGiPA6c

the logic and the hunter-pray mind games are very entertaining and i absolutely loved them. also the etics and morale is very "up to you" is the main character good or evil sort of thing... the atmosphere is awesome

first episode was ok, a little slow in the start but i enjoyed it quite a bit, then it just became completely awesome, keept telling myself "last episode before bed" a number of times

then around episode 19.. everythings goes WTF! this is just soo bland.. and then some episodes later... all the feeling built up is destroyed, all the awesomness have dissapeared, im sure that many ppl disagree but for me it really did

all the excellent logic that was before is gone... :cry: im so sad, how can they abuse such a great story

it annoys me so much that they ruined it, the ending sucked too. frustrated.. im soo frustrated

well i guess i just needed to get it out of my system.
Though not to put you off watching it... the first 17 episodes utterly rock

Pita

Lance-Constable
Sep 7, 2008
I read the manga up to volume 9 and then I stopped going to AnimeCon.
I loved the manga, and though I only saw the first two episodes of the show, it seemed even better. The only problem, for me, is a story arc that is mainly filler.

Mar 8, 2009
I recently saw the Death Note films on ENGLISH TV for the first time lol, on FilmFour I think... Kept the japanese voices, and had english subtitles.

Anyone who was upset at the ending of the anime series will love the film, it has familiar points to it but actually is completely different.

giuliano

Mar 1, 2009
:laugh: I've got all the Death Note manga, have seen all the anime and even bought the soundtracks, didn't like the live action films though... they just weren't right... o_O

It's a brilliant series though and it really keeps you guessing. If you liked it I'd highly suggest watching 'Code Geass' which is even better in my opinion ;)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
zadorony said:
Where can i get buy a Death Note book in oregon? ok so i wanna read death note but i can't find it in my local library. So i thought maybe I should buy it. but i wanna ask you guys before i walk in and spend like what 4 hours looking for it.
Not a clue - have you tried Amazon.com? :)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Tonyblack said:
zadorony said:
Where can i get buy a Death Note book in oregon? ok so i wanna read death note but i can't find it in my local library. So i thought maybe I should buy it. but i wanna ask you guys before i walk in and spend like what 4 hours looking for it.
Not a clue - have you tried Amazon.com? :)
This link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... Vol.S+1-13)+%5BBook%5D&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3ADeath+Note+Box+Set+(Vol.S+1-13)+%5BBook%5D&ajr=3

Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I just wanted to ask 'cause I've started thinking about animation but I haven't been drawing for long.I always think that I wouldn't be very good if it's a course that's really hard and you should be good before, to start studying it at university.How good are most of the people you study with?

User Menu

Newsletter