Gnats

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

kahlzun

Nov 19, 2008
Has anyone nailed down what this condition involves? It's not defined anywhere in the wiki that I can find?

Mentioned in Going Postal, not sure which others

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Hello & welcome!

I think it's just a disease made up by Moist, as part of a con. Unless his mother lives by a lake & the gnats are driving her so mad that she jumps in it ;)

;) and by the way, it´s also in Hat Full of Sky - "Well, yes. There’s Slapwick’s leg, and I’ve got to see to the sick Grimly baby, and it’s been a week since I’ve visited Surleigh Bottom, and, let’s see, Mr Plover’s got Gnats again, and I’d better just find a moment to have a word with Mistress Slopes . . . then there’s Mr Weavall’s lunch to cook, I think I’ll have to do that here and run down with it for him, and of course Mrs Fanlight is near her time and," she sighed, "so is Miss Hobblow, again . . . It’s going to be a full day. It’s really hard to fit it all in, really it is."

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I thought it was just a name for little buzzy bitey things, like midges. Which is why the lake connection, if anybody was wondering :)

Apr 29, 2009
London
I once read a horror story about a group of girls who went to a male stripper show.

They were in the front row, and the strippers were all lined up and swinging their bits and bobs around.

One of the girls felt something go into her eye.

Several days later she went to the doctor with an infected eye - it was a pubic lice.

:eek:

mspanners said:
http://ipm.ncsu.edu/AG369/notes/eye_gnats.html

After causing eye infections,and if left untreated, your eyes go like this :eek: .

Eventually you will look like this :oops: then this 8) and then need a dog and stick to walk about or die of starvation or walking off the edge of cliffs.
Well, you could just join the Lemmings... :twisted:

Bouncy Castle said:
I once read a horror story about a group of girls who went to a male stripper show.

They were in the front row, and the strippers were all lined up and swinging their bits and bobs around.

One of the girls felt something go into her eye.

Several days later she went to the doctor with an infected eye - it was a pubic lice.

:eek:
EWWWWWWW!!!!!!! :makes the realistic pantomime of Daphne pantomiming throwing up: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I've heard that story too, years ago, so the words "urban myth" spring to mind. Doesn't mean it's not a good one though ;)

User Menu

Newsletter