Going Postal - duplicated/missing pages - is it just me?!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

pritcham

Dec 23, 2008
Hi

I'm reading through this at the moment and thought that a kind of flashback was taking place as the text seemed (very!) familiar - turned out it's duplicated about 40 pages (at a guess - I don't have it with me at the moment) so I'm missing part of the story (I don't know where the golden suit/winged hat came into the story for example) - is this a common printing issue with this particular book?

Thanks in advance
Martin

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
And welcome from me :laugh:
Did you buy it in Tesco's or one of the big supermarkets by any chance?

I had that with The half-blood Prince one time and they missed out a huge chunk - about 80 pages - and then repeated 40 pages that they'd managed to keep in o_O: You get what you pay for I suppose (I was getting very bored with Mr. Potter by that stage and couldn't be bothered to go to a proper shop...)

It was the kid's version and I was too embarassed to take it back :eek:

pritcham

Dec 23, 2008
Hi all

Thanks for the welcome! Can't remember where I bought it from - in fact I think it may well have been a gift from last Christmas (not had chance to start reading it until lately) - more than likely from Amazon though.

Ah well - perhaps worth contacting the publisher for a replacement (Amazon won't do it after this long I would imagine!).

Still, despite the missing pages, enjoying the book a lot though (long time Pratchett reader so I kind of knew what to expect).

Cheers
Martin

Dec 31, 2008
Hi,

I had this with one of the "science of" books, with the last quarter of the book being the same as the 3rd quarter. I was very confused when the text skipped back, especially as the subject i was reading was to do with time - the trousers of!!!

Jan 2, 2009
I bought a book some time ago (can't remember what book, but not one of Terry's) which had a section from another book entirely plonked in the middle, with a corresponding slice missing.

I thought I was going daft(er) till I realised the numbering, typeface and the characters were totally foreign.

Took it back to change it and the other copy was the same! They re-ordered it for me.

Cheers, Vena

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I had that problem with a Robert Rankin book but it was about about 30 pages missing, I thought that did not sound right, then I looked at the page numbers a big jump no wonder I could not tie in the story on the next page.
It was from the BCA BOOK CLUB, but they did replace it.

User Menu

Newsletter