Good Omens.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Kladivo

Lance-Corporal
Nov 4, 2009
Uberwaldleedsgothamerbyshire
As far as I can remember the original proposed cast for Gilliams' GO included Robin Williams and Johnny Depp. Just can't figure out which one was supposed to be Azirafal and which one's Crowley ;)
As for Death there could be only one choice of course. Christopher Lee and no one else.

And if we're talking about Gilliams' ability let me just remind The Fisher King...

There's one thing I really can't understand. It's the whole 'the film would spoil it for me' approach. Well, there's a very simple solution to this problem - for crying out loud - do not watch! :p If the film existed you can still opt out from watching while as long as it doesn't exist I can't opt for watching. It's not so difficult to figure out which situation would leave more people happy :>

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Depp'd good for both Crowley and Azirafal (I so wanted to type Falafel there :rolleyes: ) - can't really see Williams as either really. Genies he's v. good at, but angels, fallen or otherwise - nope doesn't work!

How about Keanu Reeves and Depp - they're supposed to be similar aren't they though one of them would have to go blond of course... :twisted:

Phoenix

Lance-Corporal
Oct 4, 2009
Hampshire, England
Jan Van Quirm said:
How about Keanu Reeves and Depp - they're supposed to be similar aren't they though one of them would have to go blond of course... :twisted:
Oooh, I could see that working well! I'd quite like to see that :laugh:

Bouncy Castle said:
I bought Neverwhere, and got about a quarter of the way through, before I gave up.
See, I really like Neverwhere, although I did find it took a while to get into :) What was it that made you give up?

Nov 30, 2013
Good Omens movie- Has anybody considered Joss Whedon if Good Omens is made into a movie? His wit and one-liners from Buffy the Vampire Slayer seem very similar.

Majblast

Mar 3, 2012
Warning: NEVER loan Good Omens to anybody. I've had to buy the damn thing three times already. Though I think the ebook may have solved that problem. Also, Kevin Smith's movie Dogma specifically credits Good Omens in the end credits. The movie is very funny itself.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
So something that's bugged me before about the book has popped up in my mind again. We first meet Anathema when she's 8 years old, when we are told that her mother 'happened to read the word one day and thought it was a lovely name for a girl'. Wouldn't she already know that her daughter has to be called that? I mean, she's in a prophecy by name, and her mother would know that the timing is spot on for her to be the same Anathema referred to by Agnes, as apparently the date of the apocalypse is known to be 11 years away by the time Anathema is 8 ('She was too young, and too self-centred at this point to attach any importance to the fact that there was no mention made of her children, or indeed, any events in her future further away than eleven years' time').

I suspect that the only reason is sloppy editing.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
The prophecies took a lot of figuring out. Maybe the one about Anathema was too obscure for them to be certain. Or... we don't know how many other members of the family had the same name. One branch of my family had three "Sally"s and four "Don"s in the same generation.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter