Good Omens

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Very exciting news indeed. :) I have only seen two or three episodes of Dr Who, but David Tennant impressed me very much. And, of course, I have seen Michael Sheen's work, and more than once. I see from IMDB that Martin Sheen also plays Aziraphale for one episode, and that Rob Wilkins is one of the executive directors (alongside Neil).

I wonder who would play (among others) Shadwell, Anathema Device, Agnes Nutter, Adam Young etc.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Sister Jennifer said:
G'day how's everyone going? I saw a thing on Facebook that Jack Whitehall is Newt. Does anyone know if this is for real or more importantly not for real?
He's listed on IMDB as playing Newt.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Sorry if this is a little out of date... but I just saw this: Some photos of Sheen and Tennant and Aziraphale and Crowley, plus some background info (that we all probably know) - but it's good to see that filming got off the ground 2 months ago. :)

Hopefully we'll see some more soon.

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
RathDarkblade said:
Sorry if this is a little out of date... but I just saw this: Some photos of Sheen and Tennant and Aziraphale and Crowley, plus some background info (that we all probably know) - but it's good to see that filming got off the ground 2 months ago. :)

Hopefully we'll see some more soon.
Oh! I hadn’t seen that picture! Thanks Rath… I’m looking forward to rereading the book and watching the series! ^.^

Mx

It's going to be on Amazon Prime Video, which is available in lots of countries (I think Neil Gaiman said about 200), including Australia. Yes, it's another streaming service you may need to subscribe to, but it will be available in Australia.

If you don't want to sign up for Amazon Prime Video, you might just have to wait until there's a DVD/BluRay release.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Ooh! Why is the license plate 'curtain' backwards? Is this a reference to something in the book I've forgotten? Or just that its the final curtain?

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Maybe a veiled reference to former Aussie PM John Curtin, who led Australia during WW2. ;-P (Although given how literate both Aziraphale and Crowley are, I doubt it...)

Or, perhaps, it's an equally unlikely misspelling that was supposed to be "Nyet, ruck!" as in "No to rucksacks" - but there were simply not enough letters on the license plate. (Again, I really doubt it). ;-P

Seriously, though, I have no idea. Now I'm curious myself.

User Menu

Newsletter