Hello and The Truth

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Erik

Jan 2, 2009
Swindon, UK
www.brayblog.co.uk
Hey, this is my first post, I'm not sure why I've never bothered to find a Terry Pratchett forum before, I'm a massive massive fan. Anyway, I am re-reading Eryk at the moment, hence the miss-spelt name... but I'm actually called James, and will in most cases respond to any shout in my direction.

I was just watching rat race and I realised that Rowan Atkinson would be an amazing Otto, especially how he plays the foreign guy in rat race. We started at otto and started to cast the book "The Truth" as that's an otto heavy book:

Otto - Rowan Atkinson
William De Worde - Griff Rhys Jones (or someone eloquent)
Ms. (lead female characters name??) - Keeley Hawes
Vetinari - Richard E Grant
Colon - Timothy Spall
Nobby - Christopher Fairbank
Vimes - Philip Glynister (spelling?)
Mr Violet -Rick Mayall (if my violet is the smaller of the two.. i forget)
Mr Tulip - Stephen Fry (if Tulip is the larger of the two)

Ok so it's probably a bad idea to cast a book, that I've not read for a while but you get the gist. Personally I think Mayall and Fry as the baddies would be amazing :)

Thoughts and contributions? We're stuck on a good Carrot. But I'm not sure how much the watch figure in the book. I'm thinking Johnny Vegas for the voice of Detritus :laugh:

-Erik

Dec 31, 2008
How about Vinnie Jones or Jason Statham for the Voice of Detritus

Although personally my favorite woudl be P.H.Moriaty who played Harry The Hatchet in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Howard Lew Lewis would be a good Detritrus. He is an English actor that was in Tony Robinsons (linky link!) Maid Marion and Her Merry Men.

Carrot, the only red headed actor I can think off that is over 6 foot is Rupert Grint but he may be too young.

Mackenzie Crook would be great as one of the villains and Nicholas Lyndhurst as the other.

Vimes - hmm, I read some where Philip Glenister, I can see that.

Brian Blessed as Chyrsoprase.

Robbie Coltrane as Colon.

Or even M.C as Nobby Nobbs, PLEASE, he's got to be in there somewhere!!!

Otto Criek - Alan Cumming, may be?

Just a few suggestions.

User Menu

Newsletter