Horrors

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Grumpy

Lance-Constable
Feb 18, 2011
Who here likes horror movies?

I personally do, I love the blood and gore and the un-realistic deaths and things like that, most horrors I can actually sit and laugh at since they are so unrealistic.

Some are good though and are quite believable, but most nowadays aren't really. :p

What do you guys think?

Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I don't like horrors.I get freaked out even though I know it can't happen.I find myself avoiding looking into mirrors and such for a while after watching :( .
When I was small I watched Batman,can't remember which one,but it had a guy who had cut up a body and flushed it down the toilet.I was scared to go to the bathroom 'cause I thought that when I lifted the lid there would be body parts :( .

I don't mind zombie movies though,well none of the ones I've watched have scared me so far :rolleyes:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
For me it depends on your definition of horror. I don't particularly count todays gorefests as horror but instead as an exercise to discover how many ridiculous ways there are to kill or dismember a good looking teenager. Generally (and only in my opinion) about the only horror content in these types of film is the quality of script and acting. :p

On the other hand, most of my favourite films are for the atmospheric and thought provoking effect it has on the viewer. These dont generally have too much in the way of blood and guts, such as The Exorcist (not the sequals), Omen (haven't seen the remake), Alien (the first one, although is it really Horror or Sci-fi?), Blair Witch Project, and many of the old Hammer House films. :twisted:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Sjoerd3000 said:
Shaun of the Dead is a great zombie movie 8)
The best.

I like more pyschological horror. And it scares me more. Like at the end of a movie.... and THEY think he is dead .... HES NOT DEAD! HES NOT DEAD YOU IDIOT!!!!!! wait.... this is for the "it always happens thread" huh ;)

A

Anonymous

I prefer good suspense over cliches and cheap scares. The real horror, after all, comes form the things you don't see.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Sat down and watched one of my favourites last night. Low budget but well done English film - Dog Soldiers. Always loved this one and it had been a few years since i'd seen it.

User Menu

Newsletter