How about...

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Dec 31, 2008
I always see Granny Weatherwax as along the lines of Joan Hickson

And Nanny Ogg as either Miriam Margolyes or the actress who plays Daisy in Keeping up Apperances.[/img]

Dec 31, 2008
Meanwhile back on topic........:p

I had another thought for Granny Weatherwax Stephanie Cole

And for Greebo Sean Bean.

I used to work with a guy that remineded me of Grebo, he looked like what a cat that had been in way to many fights and scrapes would look like if they were a human

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Off-topic? me? :twisted:

I dunno about the late and much-lamented Ms. Hickson as Granny - she's not really 'nasty' enough I think. Although Miss Marple had the razor-sharp mind I can't quite see her cracking her knuckles as she de-waxes her ear whilst playing Cripple Mr. Onion... she's just a little too lady-like to be Granny :(

Stephanie Cole however has got that 'hard as nails' trait (as per Diana in Waiting for God) ;)

Miriam Margolyes or Judy Cornwell would be great for Nanny (although Judy seems a little too nice perhaps)

Sean Bean as Greebo *bounces* ooooo yeah!

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Jan, all this bouncing.... do you perhaps just fancy Greebo full stop? ;)

Almost as bad as Chris & his sheep dogs :eek: :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Purrrrrrrrr-lease Dotsie - I always fancied coming back as a cat actually :twisted:

I had a cat like Greebo once - ginger Tom, but he'd had the brick job thankfully as he used to get into enough trouble without the hormones to urge him to record-breaking cattanova daddy. As it was he was gradually clawing his way up the food chain having murdered a garageful of gerbils, and bunnies (besides the usual mice and songbird gig which had made our garden a cruel nature 'red in tooth and claw' reserve... :( ) he then turned his paw to fishing and several koi made an appearance on the doorstep :rolleyes: THEN he graduated to squirrels and magpies :eek: and it was only a sudden case of leukaemia to slow him down permanently before he'd have managed a small Yorkie of the canine persuasion (I didn't dare leave chocolate of any sort lying about). Luckily nobody kept any chickens where we lived then....

Dec 31, 2008
OK one more suggestion for Greebo

Robbie Williams

One of my friends had a Cat like Greebo. He was called Billy ( The Cat not th Friend)

One day his 3 year old son was being a little rough with Billy who was having a little cat nap on teh sofa. He was being a little too forceful with the stroking and first off Billy just opened one eye a stared very hard at him which caused him to stop for a few seconds but then he started again.

Billy just ignored him for a while but then when he had enough his paw shot out and rested against the kids cheek with his claws extended ever so slightly so that they coudl be felt but didnt draw blood. Billy gave the little boy a very long hard stare at the same time as if to communicate that the next time the claws woudl not be held back and then withdrew his paw , closed his eyes and went back to his nap.

The little boy was wide eyed and trembling a little but didnt interfere with Billys nap time ever again.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
:laugh: This is the thing with cats - they're not almost human at all - they're far more self-aware and no-nonsense (unless they happen to be in the mood for some nonsense) and its always on their terms.

Robbie Williams? Ick! :x If we're going over to the music industry then you need someone far more outrageous and, how do I say this - dog-rough :twisted: Maybe Billy Idol? Iggy Pop? or better yet Keith Richards - it's all in the attitude with Greebo and RW, I'm afraid, doesn't quite cut it with me anyway - I just can't take him seriously, although he has made some good recordings he's far too lightweight for Greebo :devil:

Dec 15, 2008
Norway
Think that guy from No country for old men (you know, the one who went around killing people) could make a fine Greebo. Certainly cruel looking enough.

And about cats in general: dogs think they are people, cats think they are gods!! Nuff said :laugh:

Lest

Lance-Constable
Feb 17, 2009
South Yorkshire, UK
I totally agree with Chuckie.... I think Gwynneth Strong could play the kinda hidden intelligence of Magrat!!! ;o)

If we wanna go for big stars how about Meryl Streep for Granny Weatherwax.... Dawn French for Nanny Ogg....

David Jason was so good as Deaths Butler (Albert)... why did he have to spoil it by playing an adolessent teenage wizzard (Rinsewind)... he's just too old for a teenager!!

Lest...

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter