I so wanna see this

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
BBC2 and BBC America are dramatising Bernard Cornwell's The Last Kingdom and I'm excited about it. :laugh: I have been reading this series about The rise of Alfred the Great and the building of a united England against the invading Danes. I think there are eight books so far and no sign of them ending. The books are seen from the point of view of Uhtred, a Saxon nobleman, captured by Danes when he was a child and brought up by them. He rejects Christianity and follows the Danish gods, much to the annoyance of Alfred, who he eventually fights for. But his main goal is to eventually take back his ancestral home in Northumberland. The history in this is fairly accurate, in that many of the characters, battles and victories are real, but with that Cornwell twist of looking at history from a different point of view. Judging by the cast and the people making the show, it should be excellent. :)

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
Yes definitely one to watch, Tony.

At the other end of the spectrum there's a BBC show called Humans. It's a remake of a Swedish show call Real Humans, which I did see a little of but not nearly enough. It's showing in Aust soon & I'm keen to get into it. The casting looks really good as well.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Next week, weather permitting (and the way it's been, this time it might happen, the last one got blizzarded out) - I'm signed up to see a local-ish production of Mort. It's at a school, so I'm keeping my expectations low, hoping for simple fun. :)

User Menu

Newsletter