I Wonder what.....

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Last I heard, the PM offered to resign if her plan for Brexit goes through.

In a way, this reminds me of Charles I's tussle with parliament. Let me clarify: I don't compare Theresa May with Charles I in any way except for her iron will and determination to have her way. She certainly doesn't think that she was chosen by God (whoever he/she/it may be) to lead the country - at least, I damn well hope not.

I am, however, perturbed at the turnout against her: no matter what she suggests, parliament blocks it. She's given it 7 goes, and parliament blocked everything. I don't blame her for being, er ... shall we say, vexed? Maybe even irritated. ;)

Of course, you're all closer to the action than I. How's it looking from where you are?

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I could totally see Pterry writing a DW book on a similar topic. It'd be another "conspiracy" book with the aristocratic, bigoted reactionaries (maybe led by Lord De Worde and the Lavishes) conspiring with the down-under dwarfs to create fake international incidents to break all of treaties resulting from the events of TFE and Thud. Vetinari would somehow assign Moist and Spike with the task of salvaging these accords.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Aristocratic, bigoted reactionaries led by Lord De Worde and the Lavishes? Never. They'd be led by Lord Rust - or maybe his (other) son. ;)

As for salvaging international accords - I don't think Moist and Spike would do this. That has Commander Vimes written all over it. He did it once in TFE. :)

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Lord Rust is too old and bewildered by the modern world. Vimes and Sybil together, might do it. Moist and Spike are in charge of communications and money. Moist planned to sell the gold to the dwarfs anyway; maybe he brokers a deal that depends on certain concessions (such as the treaties), and if the dwarfs don't go along with it, the gold stays in Ankh-Morpork, and so do those ever-so-useful paper notes in high denominations. Sybil can work out the details.

User Menu

Newsletter