If Discworld was edited "for Americans"

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Bouncy Castle said:
Apparently, you can sit on it!!
I know it doesn't make sense hun. These are the people who changed path to sidewalk (in case anyone confused the road as a path: "NO. You have to walk on the SIDE! The middle path is for the cars!") and elevator to lift ("Wot's that thing do then?" "It LIFTS you up to the next floor and indeed to floors about that too..") The same people who pee themselves laughing when I tell them I have a car with a boot ("Ohhhhhh.. Is it a Nike? ha ha ha") but see nothing wrong with thier cars having a trunk. And worse still.... dip their biscuits NOT in their tea but in gravy.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Bouncy Castle said:
I've always wondered about biscuits and gravy!!

Ginger Nuts and Bisto, perhaps?
When I was working in mining years ago, we had some visiting Americans in the office. I usually went to lunch with my boss but was busy and asked him to grab a sandwich for me when he went and bring it back. One of the Americans said "Oh we will grab you a peanut butter and jelly." My boss smiled. :twisted: I thought he was smiling cause they may not have realised the isolated minesite we were on had a huge first class mess on site that served restaurant quality meals. When he got back he plopped a large container on my desk and ran out the door. Yep! He had made me a sandwich with peanut paste on it and a huge chunk of port wine JELLY with a slice of bread on top! B*&%$D!

User Menu

Newsletter