Inkheart

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 27, 2009
Atop a mountain in Cumbria
Am still trying to get through this at bedtime with my kids - This is just my opinion of course but -Gods it's badly written - laborious

for the first time ever I am considering giving up a book and just letting them watch the film instead :eek:

nattheweirdo

Lance-Corporal
Aug 30, 2009
Devon, UK
I love these books!

i read inkheart when i was 10 the inkspell when i was 11. Inkdeath didnt come out till i was 14...I seriosuly love them :) they were my favourite books for a very long time before i discovered PTerry last year. Well worth struggling through I would suggest :)

RE National Treasure: Well I watch a film for the story and (Jan you may need to sit down for this!) Even if ALAN RICKMAN was in it I'd still hate it! Also it was yet another 'hey aren't we americans great big boy heroes ... and because we american's are great big boy heroes we're gonna cast the Brit actor as the bad guy!' - one of the reasons why a lot of my favourite films are now small budget films... Or those with a good mix of cast with actors using their own accents! (RE: Harry Potter .... an ALL ENGLISH cast! Lord of the Rings ... A good mix of cast brits playing both good and evil! Chronicles of Narnia Not a fake British accent throughout spoken by an american! or a fake American spoken by a brit come to that .... both annoy me! Pirates - I can forgive Johnny Depp because he does it so well you could almost believe he is a cockney english Pirate! Besides he is almost an honorary brit to me... I think he'd be a good Jeremy/Lobsang)

So, can anyone else please tell me something positive - I am into deep fantasies and I love books involving people travelling into other worlds ... (Chronicles of Narnia - Harry Potter - some examples of!)

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
:laugh: So true... no one could have saved National Treasure. Or National Treasure 2 for that matter (yes, I had to sit through that :rolleyes: o_O ).

Do you mean something positive about Inkheart? Wish I could think of something. It was difficult to get through and the end felt so anti-climatic. The movie really was very good though!

Or, do you just need some suggestions for other books?

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
In the Catcher In The Rye, J D Salinger says that sometime he liked to read a book and then just casually phone up the Author.
I really would like to phone up Cornelia Funke so I could shout at her. The book is daft.
I also read through the film script because a friend of mine was doing the sound editing for the movie although I never actually saw the film.

Finomans

Lance-Corporal
Jul 5, 2010
The Netherlands
I've got the first two parts the first one was alright but the second one was a bit tedious to my idea.I kept catching my self on skipping parts in the second book.

User Menu

Newsletter