Irish Convention

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

cols

Lance-Corporal
Nov 5, 2008
ireland
I only found out recently that the first ever(to the best of my knowledge((wouldn't rely on this if I were you!)) ) Irish Discworld Convention will take place in November
I've NEVER been to a convention before :( :( but I intend to go to this!
Now, I know it's a long way off but as I'll be a total newbie to the whole convention thing could anyone give me a general idea what I should expect. Please ..
I've registered on the forum for the idwcon site and I'm sure they'll provide me with some technical info such as' buying membership' and such but I'd like to know the basics - don't want to embarass myself there...

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Don't worry cols - I know there people on this site who have been to conventions before and are even (possibly) going to the Irish one. :laugh:

I haven't been to one, but have been on various weekend meet ups. I'm sure you'll have a grand old time. ;)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
cols said:
don't want to embarass myself there...
That might in fact be impossible to do :laugh:

It's fair to say, that with hairy bikers dressed up as ladies, nothing you could do would be considered embarrasing.

Jul 5, 2009
oh my god i'm definitely going.... i've never been to a convention before either so don't worry you won't be the only one!I can't wait!

this has just cheered me right up!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Beth

Lance-Corporal
Aug 18, 2009
Godalming, Surrey
www.bethworlds.com
My mother ordered that for me from pyramidcollection.com. I've gotten two or three great dresses from there since. The quality is surprisingly good. I've ordered a heavy purple velvet dress in case I decide to do Lady Roberta Meserole in November. And by DO I mean BE.

cols

Lance-Corporal
Nov 5, 2008
ireland
I can't go to the con and I could almost cry. :( :(
I was holding out hope till today but it's a no go, maybe next time :(

User Menu

Newsletter